Author Topic: Egg Aerator (Celsius or South Bend)  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
Egg Aerator (Celsius or South Bend)
« on: Mar 21, 2019, 11:03 AM »
I picked up a couple of these the other day in clearance section at Walmart.  I wondered if they worked.  Clearance price was $7, the same as a Bubble Box normal price.  I am on 3 years with my bubble box for my boat. 

Are the eggs worth it?  I see in the reviews on Amazon, almost all the negative reviews, which were most of them, mentioned they were using them in a their boat or in a cooler/bucket. And they didn't last, filled with water, etc.  I don't think that is the intended use, I think they were intended for ice holes.

Anyone have success with these for keeping water from freezing in hole?

https://www.amazon.com/South-Bend-SBIPAER-Egg-Aerator/dp/B01MRXIHYL/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=egg+aerator&qid=1553183753&s=gateway&sr=8-1
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Egg Aerator (Celsius or South Bend)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2019, 11:18 AM »
I LOVE mine! Works like a charm to keep hole open. But they do take on water if afish splashes or you DROP it in the hole. Can’t let the cap on top get submerged. Usually you can take cap off, empty water and let it air dry out. Have done it multiple times and always works after it dries. Got a spare for this year in case one gets dunked.

Where's the FISH?!

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2019, 11:22 AM »
I wonder if you could put a light coating of silicone caulk/sealer on the battery lid to seal it shut. You could break the seal when you need to change the battery.

Think it would work?

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2019, 11:27 AM »
I thought of that, but haven’t tried it yet. Have to remember for next season.

One thing I did do this year was make a short lanyard for the cap that makes it easier to grab to remove from the hole when a fish is on. I dunked it more times that way trying to grab it before the lanyard.  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2019, 08:19 PM »
I wonder if you could put a light coating of silicone caulk/sealer on the battery lid to seal it shut. You could break the seal when you need to change the battery.

Think it would work?

I think they draw air though there. I wouldnt reccomend them, especially not if you have chubs or other large baitfish. They will murder these things fast
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2019, 04:39 PM »
I think you’re right about the air intake. Also, you have to turn the cap tighter to turn it on. So the silicone would probably not work.

This shows the lanyard I threaded thru the hole in the cap to make it easier to grab.

Where's the FISH?!

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2019, 05:30 PM »
Good point.  I think I will return them. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.