Author Topic: What new items will you be buying this ice season?  (Read 17024 times)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What new items will you be buying this ice season?
« Reply #120 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:27 PM »
Just really want a good year for the ice.

Same here. I would like a stable winter with no warm ups in January, like that last 2 years.
Ken                                          

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Oct 28, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Same here. I would like a stable winter with no warm ups in January, like that last 2 years.

Farmer's Almanac calls for a really cold winter ;) Let's hope this is true :)
Andrew

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #122 on: Oct 28, 2006, 10:46 PM »
couple of jigging rods, new tip-ups, lots of jigs and other tackle, power auger, shanty (building a hardside and might buy a portable), ice cleats, new boots

if my budget or 'santa' allows a marcum or vex flasher

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:17 PM »
I started back in March. New power auger,1 used ATV, fish gaff, good quality pull on cleats, 4 new tip-ups, socks, hat w/pull cord, 2nd hand 1 burner coleman stove, and built sled to put shanty and gear on. Now to have 6" of FRESH ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]
      Kim       :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #124 on: Oct 30, 2006, 05:58 AM »
I'm going to build a soft side shanty--you know, the quonset hut types 4'x8'--3 sheets of plywood and a tarp.  Got a big black tarp that we used to cover our chris craft with.  Sold the chris craft last year and the tarp's just lying around.  I think this will be good for 6" of ice since I don't like to put out my hard side until 1 foot of safe ice.  I'm with everyone on the weather--we need a good old fashioned vermont winter

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline vipercat64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Oct 30, 2006, 06:05 AM »
Believe it or not...I am probably going to buy my first ice hut...been at this actively for three years and have been to cheap to do it before now.  Besides, I haven't really gotten that cold ;)

The wife and new daughter want to go this year though, and I can't make them sit in a driving windstorm like ia usually do...
I love a flag!!!!

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #126 on: Oct 30, 2006, 07:25 AM »
viper make sure you get one that you will all fit comfortably in or it may be a long day for you

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #127 on: Oct 30, 2006, 06:01 PM »
I just bought a light action St. Croix Legend rod, and a Shimano Symetry reel to put on it. $130 before tax :P

I know the reel is worth it, but we will see about the rod. I like the reel seats they are putting on this years models.

Offline vipercat64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Oct 31, 2006, 05:58 AM »
viper make sure you get one that you will all fit comfortably in or it may be a long day for you

I hear that...
I love a flag!!!!

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #129 on: Oct 31, 2006, 08:07 AM »
Looking to grab a couple of new jigging rods this year
Determined to catch more fish jiggin this year

walleyechaser

« Reply #130 on: Oct 31, 2006, 10:54 AM »
got a few new rattle spoons last night then I saw the polar vision.  That might be my next toy. Since I don't have a vex and do have an underwater camera I'm thinking the polar vision would be useful.

Have to somehow justify yet another expensive toy for fishing to the wife.

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #131 on: Oct 31, 2006, 10:58 AM »
i ordered a st. croix legend rod, need a new reel for it...probably some more jigs. The only other thing would be santa bringing a marcum :tipup:

Offline iceturd

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #132 on: Nov 04, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Hit the local gander mt. today & bought a st.croix legend ul & a tica cetus gv 500 reel for it. I got a rod with the avid series handle on it, they had both styles but I have an avid ul & lite series that i,ve used for 3 yrs. & prefer those handles over anything else i,ve fished with. Picked up a few more jiggin raps & some techni-glo plastics, came home, started the auger just to hear it run, went inside & plugged in the vex & watched it glow full charge bright red, gonna watch the IF dvd in a few minutes & let ice fever creep into my every waking thought for the next 3-4 mos!!!GOOD FISHING & BE SAFE!

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #133 on: Nov 04, 2006, 09:22 PM »
hhmm this year. a new fleet of heritage laker tip ups. a jigging rod or two, got myself a new vex, a new power auger, and a new shack. I think that pretty much does me in.

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.