Author Topic: What new items will you be buying this ice season?  (Read 17006 times)

Offline CNY Farmer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: What new items will you be buying this ice season?
« Reply #60 on: Aug 31, 2006, 07:04 PM »
I just ordered a Marcum LX-5 today ;D  Plus I am sure I will get more lures as this ice season will be only my second year and Idon't have that many lures of course you can't have too many ;)2 I hope to go alot more than last year :'(   

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Aug 31, 2006, 07:48 PM »
I just ordered a Marcum LX-5 today ;D  Plus I am sure I will get more lures as this ice season will be only my second year and Idon't have that many lures of course you can't have too many ;)2 I hope to go alot more than last year :'(   

That's right you can NEVER have too many lures.  ;D  My wife thinks I am crazy, but you should see the supply some of my buddies have. :o
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #62 on: Sep 01, 2006, 08:10 AM »
That's right you can NEVER have too many lures.  ;D  My wife thinks I am crazy, but you should see the supply some of my buddies have. :o
HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I wonder which one that could be :roflmao:
        Jim

Offline Home Wood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Sep 01, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Where can I get a tune up kit for my Jiffy auger? It can be a pain to start and it stalls a lot if you don't keep pumping the primer now and then. I'd also like to find a few more swedish pimples and a pan fish hook that has the weight around it.
2004 Honda Rancher 350 4x4
2014 Honda Foreman
2005 Arctic Cat Sabercat 600
Jiffy auger
lots of tip ups
2 slush spoons

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Sep 01, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Where can I get a tune up kit for my Jiffy auger? It can be a pain to start and it stalls a lot if you don't keep pumping the primer now and then. I'd also like to find a few more swedish pimples and a pan fish hook that has the weight around it.

Only thing I've ever done to tune up my Jiffys or my Strikemaster is a new plug once a year...and stabilizer in the gas over the summer....if the needles need adjusting thats a simple enough chore.....I tried some Sta Bil in my tank one winter and that seemed to help as well, for the really cold days.....Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline Home Wood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Sep 01, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Thanks esox. I will put in a new plug, but I was thinking maybe the fuel system needed a new pump or whatever. I'll change the plug, fuel lines and run some Stabil and maybe that will clear it up. The auger is like 12 years old or so, but looks almost new.
2014 Honda Foreman
Jiffy auger
lots of tip ups
2 slush spoons

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Sep 01, 2006, 10:26 AM »
The best stabilizer or cleaner I found was Sea-Foam.  It can be hard to find, but this stuff will really clean a carb if it is gummed up.  I put in a new plug every year and drain the gas before summer.  You can drain the gas, but you must make sure you store your auger where the temp. is stable.  The left over gas can get gummed up if the temp. fluctuates too much. 
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Home Wood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Sep 01, 2006, 11:28 AM »
My auger is kept at my parents house in Mass in the basement all year. I have never heard of sea foam, but I'll try it if I see it.
2014 Honda Foreman
Jiffy auger
lots of tip ups
2 slush spoons

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Sep 01, 2006, 12:28 PM »
just ordered the carhartt extreme artic bibs and coat . also ordered 4 jig rods...c'mon ice

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline muskie_huntre

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Sep 01, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Esox,

Bad Dog lures have their time and place for sure,  I like the ones with the propellers for crappie and perch.  Take a look at Jammin Jigs, its sister site.  The glow neons are really good.
MASON

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Sep 01, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Esox,

Bad Dog lures have their time and place for sure,  I like the ones with the propellers for crappie and perch.  Take a look at Jammin Jigs, its sister site.  The glow neons are really good.

Thanks, but I was asking about the jigging poles.  I see they had a sale going on them, and I'm not into pannies enough to buy the fancy jig poles, so wondered about them versus the HT poles, etc....I did look at the jammin' jigs, they're a nice looking jig for sure...Esox

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #71 on: Sep 01, 2006, 07:09 PM »
just ordered the carhartt extreme artic bibs and coat . also ordered 4 jig rods...c'mon ice

My Carhartt extreme wear has been in heavy service at work and on the ice for 5 years, it still looks like new! The nylon they make it out of is next to indestructible!!!! Good choice!!!

As far as new gear for this year, I'm getting a new jet sled to strap my DX 3000 on. I am also going to stop into Thorne Bros. and pick up a panfish sweetheart rod, and a Shimano Symetry 750 to put on it.

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Sep 01, 2006, 11:31 PM »
Esox,

that's where i ordered my jig rods from. 20.00 for 4 ,they look like nice rods too. is there another way besides tape to put the reel on?

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Sep 02, 2006, 06:29 AM »
that's where i ordered my jig rods from. 20.00 for 4 ,they look like nice rods too. is there another way besides tape to put the reel on?

Not that I know of, except I have seen a couple guys who use those tie wraps like they have on rod/ reel combo's so they don't get interchanged in the store.

I use a good quality electrical tape...not the junk from the dollar store, a good roll of the stuff and it seems to do the trick.

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Sep 03, 2006, 12:33 PM »
I think a new Eskimo shanty with the sliding seat, and the ice pack for my X67C. and that should do it for starters.  Fall is in the air!!!!!!!!!

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #75 on: Sep 03, 2006, 12:59 PM »
I think a new Eskimo shanty with the sliding seat, and the ice pack for my X67C. and that should do it for starters.  Fall is in the air!!!!!!!!!

Do you have the regular x67C for open water or is it the ice model? Im looking at getting the x67C for the boat but was wondering if it is different that the ice machine. If its the same then I would just buy the ice transducer and be all set.

Offline crappie_attitude

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta' have more cowbell
« Reply #76 on: Sep 05, 2006, 09:35 AM »
A pair of Mickey Mouse boots.  Oh yeah....why does white seem to be the preferred color for ice fishing?  Wouldn't black absorb some heat from sunlight and keep your feet even warmer?

Offline pizalm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #77 on: Sep 05, 2006, 06:55 PM »
What I want to buy? A 2 man quickflip, heater and power auger.

What I will buy? Probably just tackle, :'(
pour me another one, I'm finished with the other one

CSP88

« Reply #78 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:02 PM »
A pair of Mickey Mouse boots.  Oh yeah....why does white seem to be the preferred color for ice fishing?  Wouldn't black absorb some heat from sunlight and keep your feet even warmer?

The white boots are rated to -40*F while the black are rated to -20*F.  Either one will keep your feet plenty warm in the coldest weather.

Chad

Offline mcwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #79 on: Sep 07, 2006, 02:14 PM »
lookin for a power auger for this season.  want a new light rod and reel.  some necessities like new tackle and line.  bought the vex fl-18 last year and will use it again this season, but seems I gotta take a look at the lx-5.  not that i'm disappointed with the vex, but i like the moveable 6 foot zone. 

Offline bluecaddisfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS
« Reply #80 on: Sep 08, 2006, 05:26 PM »
 GOT MOST EVERYTHING ON THE HIGH END, GENZ PORTABLE, VEXILAR, AQUAVIEW, STRIKEMASTER, BOUGHT SEVERAL NEW POLES LAST SEASON. WANT TO PUT NEW REELS ON AND FILL MINE AND THE KIDS TACKLE BOXES UP WITH SOME SALMOS, RAPS, SPOONS, AND MORE FLY'S. MOSTLY TARGET SMALL PONDS FOR BASS, PERCH, SUNNY'S, AND HIT WINNISQUAM AND WINNIPEASAKEE FOR LAKERS, CUSK, AND SOMETIMES 'BOWS. HOPE TO HIT CONN. RIVER ON N.H./VY BORDER FOR 'EYES AND PIKE THIS YEAR.

Offline molsonport

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Sep 08, 2006, 05:35 PM »
just some new mittens and a heater that will work.

Offline ducky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #82 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Well, I was gonna get a new ice tent, but now I need to get a crib, changing table, car seat, baby bottles etc.

crowkiller

« Reply #83 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:31 PM »
Well, I was gonna get a new ice tent, but now I need to get a crib, changing table, car seat, baby bottles etc.
so what you are trying to say is you are selling you gear cuz your having a baby and momma wont let you fish   ;D   but congrats on the new addition to the family

Offline ducky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #84 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Not selling anything, just not buying anything new, except for some jigs and bait. :tipup:

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #85 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Wait a few years, that baby may grow into your best fishing buddy!!

Is this your first child?

By theway, welcome to Ice Shanty!

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:39 PM »
GOT MOST EVERYTHING ON THE HIGH END, GENZ PORTABLE, VEXILAR, AQUAVIEW, STRIKEMASTER, BOUGHT SEVERAL NEW POLES LAST SEASON. WANT TO PUT NEW REELS ON AND FILL MINE AND THE KIDS TACKLE BOXES UP WITH SOME SALMOS, RAPS, SPOONS, AND MORE FLY'S. MOSTLY TARGET SMALL PONDS FOR BASS, PERCH, SUNNY'S, AND HIT WINNISQUAM AND WINNIPEASAKEE FOR LAKERS, CUSK, AND SOMETIMES 'BOWS. HOPE TO HIT CONN. RIVER ON N.H./VY BORDER FOR 'EYES AND PIKE THIS YEAR.
sounds great ,but you didn't have to yell  ;D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #87 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:41 PM »
Huh? I cant hear you, speak up sonny! ;D

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:41 PM »
congrats and welcome to the best site on the net. life as you know it will never be the same ;)

crowkiller

« Reply #89 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:45 PM »
Huh? I cant hear you, speak up sonny! ;D
can you hear me noww   :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.