Author Topic: Ice  (Read 5819 times)

Offline diesel doctor

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice
« on: Oct 29, 2019, 01:58 PM »
Alright all of you ice fishing fanatics!  Where is all the chatter about when you think fish-able ice will be here?  Normally there is a count down started in September.  My crystal ball is broken, but with the temperatures of late, I would guess that we MIGHT get out sooner than normal this year. Be safe and tight lines. 

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Ice
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2019, 02:05 PM »
Me thinks you MIGHT be right. ;D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline emmettid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2019, 02:08 PM »
YES sooner the better :) :) :)

Offline rundrave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2019, 03:00 PM »
I have already seen frozen water out pheasant hunting. Nothing walk able of course, but it wont be long and the bigger bodies of water should start locking up if weather forecast keeps this pattern up.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2019, 03:23 PM »
 I usually start the countdown thread, but Craig Oyler already posted a catch through the ice on Facebook. I figured we'd be on way early this year. I'll go out in a couple of weeks and do some scouting.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Walleye_Fanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:26 AM »
Checked some ponds/lakes yesterday in SE SD. Everything had some ice, (of course will lose some today and tomorrow).... maybe by next week a slough or two might go. Walked on a farm pond yesterday but wouldn't recommend, just under 2" everything else was under 1"

Offline Hillsfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2019, 09:25 PM »
I was on the ice at Stockade Lake (in the Hills) on Thursday and Friday.  3.5 inches of ice and got a bunch of bluegill and some crappie.  Not sure what the last two warm days did to the ice but it is currently 16 degrees and dropping... 

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2019, 07:45 AM »
I was on the ice at Stockade Lake (in the Hills) on Thursday and Friday.  3.5 inches of ice and got a bunch of bluegill and some crappie.  Not sure what the last two warm days did to the ice but it is currently 16 degrees and dropping...

Were you in the back? That's where I start every year. Great news.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline jd11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2019, 09:36 PM »
iron creek was froze over 2 weekends ago

Offline Walleye_Fanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2019, 07:11 AM »
Made it out yesterday for the first time in SE SD, found anything from open water to 5" of ice. Caught a few fish, was a good day on the ice.

Offline BH ICE 0507

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2019, 04:06 PM »
walleye fanatic... where you finding 5"? been a warm week but I'm hoping to get on some saturday...
Tonight should help.  THX!
Never enough tip ups

Offline Walleye_Fanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2019, 11:50 PM »
Madison/Arlington area, that was over a week ago, many of the sloughs/lakes we fished on opened back up. Haven't checked since, still hearing some reports of some ice in spots but haven't been back out yet.

Offline BH ICE 0507

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2019, 03:02 PM »
thanks for the reply, we were out last weekend. People were on sheridan and you could probably find decent ice but we bailed--the bay we wanted to fish had about 4 inches but the ice was super slushy and white and felt sagging when we walked on it...

drove up to deerfield and had a good 5-6 inches of clear ice near the creek inlet--slow fishing day for us up there though--normally a lot crazier at least with the perch numbers,

two weeks earlier hit sylvan and it definitely had good ice.

for what its worth we also fished dillon reservoir in colorado a bit last weekend. Looks like the whole lake is open but there is a little patch near keystone resort that has a football field of 8 inch thick ice... tons of people fishing on it though and hammering salmon... fun!
Never enough tip ups

Offline majic0135

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2019, 09:06 AM »
Ice (6") on Waubay North end by Buckshot,,, About 40 guys out,,, Walleyes towards evening.
majic

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.