Author Topic: Do you talk to yourself?  (Read 5834 times)

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
Re: Do you talk to yourself?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 05, 2007, 07:53 PM »
I talk to my self some But mostly to perch when I'm jigging with the Vex watching the red coming closer and closer I can't take the pressure and set the hook before the bite!  or miss a bite?  I call those poor fish all kinds of very bad words !!!!!!! ART

Offline PACKMAN241982

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IF THE BEERS SLUSHY GET A STRAW! FLATLANDER
« Reply #31 on: Dec 05, 2007, 08:00 PM »
I talk to myself if the fish arent cooperating. When that happens i just start drilling holes and sing 'here fishy fishy fishy'. It usually works and i start catching fish.
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #32 on: Dec 05, 2007, 08:11 PM »
I talk to my self and found it is the only way to get the correct answer. And in a lot of cases it is the only intelligent conversation I have all day.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Dec 05, 2007, 08:11 PM »
People think I'm nuts.

This all started about four years ago when I started a new job. The job required me to drive a heavy truck in the Twin Cities by myself all day. The guy who trained me in scared me a little because he was always talking, singing, quoting movies, and making obscene comments about attractive female drivers. This alone is not unusual, but none of this was directed to me, rather some imaginary friend that rode in the truck with him. ???

I completed my training period in a short time and was given my own truck. After a few months, I too began to show sign of mental illness. The ordeal of driving a truck in a large city can be stressful, and I began to understand why my trainer acted the way he did. If you spend too much time alone being antagonised by poor drivers and boredom, you need to vent or you explode! I think talking to yourself is a valid way to deal with stress, loneliness, and boredom. When people ask me if I am nuts because I talk to myself, I tell them I talk to myself so I don't go nuts! ;)

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 05, 2007, 09:23 PM »
I do it almost all the time either fishing hunting or just at home my kids think I'm nuts they ask dad who are you talking to i just say myself. The worst when i watch the rangers play :%$#!: and start to yell at the ref's  :cookoo: and get yelled at by the wife.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2007, 10:48 PM »
if you ever mate me you wood shay ther's a weird man but if you seen me Bord then you wood say he's not ward hes belongs in a cilium :wacko: :cookoo: :callcops:

You might be the only one that undertands yourself.
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 10" Hole = Less tales of the big one that got away
« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2007, 11:03 PM »
You might be the only one that undertands yourself.

I think so.   :roflmao:

Offline fishville

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2007, 11:05 PM »
Yeah I definately spend too much time alone. I talk to myself all the time. The worst is when i argue with myself. But I've figured some stuff out that was driving me nuts.
Sometimes it feels like I live in a Pat McManus story!

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 05, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Not only do I talk to myself but I usually make up some really weird songs about what's going on, expecially the run towards the flag...LOL

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 06, 2007, 03:18 AM »
Gee. Doesn't everybody? Why not? In fact I'm pretty darn sure ALL of us, (You too), have talked to yourselves. Evidence of this phenomenae can be seen/heard near any newborn/infants crib during those moments when they appear to be serenely happy being by themselves.

I like talking to myself. I'm smart, funny, entertaining, and just plain fun to be around. Sometimes I'm better company for me than many other folks as I sometimes find them interupting conversations with myself.

Often my renewed vigor in getting back to my conversations with myself after such an interuption causes confusion in them, and a reluctance for them to accompany Me, Myself, and I on the next trip out, although as I've grown older Me, Myself, and I are the only ones hauling all the gear out on the ice. ;D
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 06, 2007, 04:32 AM »
i've always been crazy...but its kept me from going insane... :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :blink: :blink: :blink: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 06, 2007, 05:12 AM »
People think I'm nuts.

This all started about four years ago when I started a new job. The job required me to drive a heavy truck in the Twin Cities by myself all day. The guy who trained me in scared me a little because he was always talking, singing, quoting movies, and making obscene comments about attractive female drivers. This alone is not unusual, but none of this was directed to me, rather some imaginary friend that rode in the truck with him. ???

I completed my training period in a short time and was given my own truck. After a few months, I too began to show sign of mental illness. The ordeal of driving a truck in a large city can be stressful, and I began to understand why my trainer acted the way he did. If you spend too much time alone being antagonised by poor drivers and boredom, you need to vent or you explode! I think talking to yourself is a valid way to deal with stress, loneliness, and boredom. When people ask me if I am nuts because I talk to myself, I tell them I talk to myself so I don't go nuts! ;)

Skipper, I drove a truck for a while too.  Downtown Chicago.  I know exactly what you mean!  I do talk to fish also, most of the time I am talking sh*t to them like they can here me.

Offline RSS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 06, 2007, 05:17 AM »
Talking to myself is the only way I get the answer I want to hear ::)

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 06, 2007, 06:24 AM »
I think everyone does.  I find myself asking the fish where they are if I've fished for a few hours and have not had any luck.  I also am good at berating myself when I do stupid things or stuff that I know better.  The people that you have to watch out for are the ones that don't.  Some times I think I should get a dog so people that see me talking to myself will think that I'm talking to my dog instead.
Travis

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #44 on: Dec 06, 2007, 06:55 AM »
I think everyone does.  I find myself asking the fish where they are if I've fished for a few hours and have not had any luck.  I also am good at berating myself when I do stupid things or stuff that I know better.  The people that you have to watch out for are the ones that don't.  Some times I think I should get a dog so people that see me talking to myself will think that I'm talking to my dog instead.
Travis
I agree everyone talks to their self. just some people are louder then others

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Dec 06, 2007, 07:50 AM »
used to drive a service van.
one day the dispatcher informed me i had forgotten to hang up my cell phone.
i thought a moment, amd asked him if i had cussed him out.
he said no, but it was just the way he said thad made me wonder...
grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
« Reply #46 on: Dec 06, 2007, 10:41 AM »
yeah im guilty i talk to myself all the time, answer my own questions, i will be sitting there all alone and a funny thought or ill think about something funny that happend to me or a buddy or something and ill bust a gut laughing at myself, thats when i start to worry myself. at least i dont walk around talking to myself and making all kinds of gestures and facial expressions like this guy i see all the time in town. he is nuts i on the other hand am looking for intelligent conversation. you guys dont think im nuts do ya? :whistle: :whistle:

water
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 06, 2007, 01:21 PM »
Thats why I bring my dog! ;)
How much ice do you need?

Offline rayban

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 06, 2007, 04:59 PM »
Well I'm glad to know guys do this too!
I've been doing it for years - in the supermarket especially - sometimes it stops me from impulse buying and sometimes I'm just incorrigible and talk myself into getting a bag of cookies or candy I don't need  >:(

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 06, 2007, 06:34 PM »
Wouldn't be normal if you didn't talk to yourself...  I always have some good conversations with myself.. At times I will catch myself and just start laughing!!
I love to talk to floats, the hole, my line, camera, pretty much everything, A stubborn auger now and then hahah

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #50 on: Dec 06, 2007, 06:42 PM »
 ;Di'll never forget last year i was in my fish trap guide,fishing silver lake for bluegills.I looked down my hole and there was a 12 inch gill YES 12 inch gill!!!! sitting there staring at my jig.Now this was a weekend, so if you know silver lake then you know there were 20 other shantys 5 feet away from me!!! well i said come on you *****!!!!! (loudly) and 5 other fisherman said," whats the problem". I calmly said "must be someone is talking to there self". ::) I did not get that gill but the one that was with him was 10 1/2 inches so i know that ***** was 12" ;D :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline ducky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #51 on: Dec 08, 2007, 05:59 AM »
No, Yes, What, oh just shut up.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #52 on: Dec 08, 2007, 08:29 AM »
i talk to myself everytime a flag goes up!! it keeps me undercontroll so i dont do something dumb

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #53 on: Dec 08, 2007, 11:21 AM »
i talk to myself everytime a flag goes up!! it keeps me undercontroll so i dont do something dumb
pop the clutch did ya lolol i usually talk to myself after popping the clutch? did you ever fall running to your tipup-missline grab air-dont run to a flag and get there as the spool stops spinnin' lol the conversation continues   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #54 on: Dec 08, 2007, 11:40 AM »
he belongs in a cilium

Hmmm , spellcheck might be of great help in his case.

do you mean an asylum?

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #55 on: Dec 08, 2007, 11:42 AM »
if you ever mate me you wood shay ther's a weird man

mate you?
there is a thought i really don't want to visualize. :o

Offline vivlamored

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Dec 08, 2007, 02:34 PM »
Nobody else listens ???
Thats exactly it might a well talk to yourself if noone lisrens anyway

Offline miller326

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kill'em ya grill'em
« Reply #57 on: Dec 09, 2007, 06:12 PM »
I always yell tip up when I see the flag flying.

Offline purduebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Dec 09, 2007, 10:40 PM »
I thought everyone did.  I talk to the vex, rods, reels, bait, etc.  It never seems to be in a positive way though.  Always calling myself a dips$*t or something like that.  Or better yet blaming the equipment or bait for the lack of production or miscues.  Surely I can't be the only one that yells at the bait to catch a damn fish when I put it back down the hole. ;D
BOILER UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boilerhawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 09, 2007, 10:56 PM »
What a great thread!!!!

I knew all us fisherman were crazy, I just didn't realize that y'all were as crazy as me!

I regularly talk to the fish(bite you %#$&@$#%), the weather(go away wind!), myself(nice move, dumba$$), the auger(c'mon, start), the ice(okay, quit cracking now) and just about anything else around me.

I've also got a bud who's conversations with the fish on his Aqua-Vu screen are usually more entertaining than the fishing itself.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.