Author Topic: Cheap A ## bait shops  (Read 11917 times)

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Cheap A ## bait shops
« Reply #60 on: Mar 19, 2007, 08:02 PM »
Reading this topic I only have one question. There are two bait shops in town both equally easy to access. Which shop would you buy your bait from.

Shop A charges $2.00 for a dozen shiners and counts them out.

Shop B charges $2.50 for a dozen shiners but always throws one or two more in.

Offline buttlesdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Mar 20, 2007, 08:36 AM »
I would go to the one that knows the fishing conditions and appreciates my business most.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #62 on: Mar 20, 2007, 09:54 AM »
you guys I guess shouldnt complain  your bait prices are cheap   we pay about 6 + a doz for minnows up here   Well mine were all free this year (kinda) trapped my own  yes they count out each one   but they live!  trap your own they can be kept all year if ya pay attention   I still have 400 or so alot still from 8 mo ago  hate to waste em now but cant put em back and cant give them away   the way the laws are now adays    maybe they will help my garden or  plant a few with my each of my corn seeds  like the pilgrams did (as was reported in school many years ago)   
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline pyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Mar 20, 2007, 10:07 AM »
We pay $8.99 a doz for pike chubs and for the BIG ones there a buck to $1.50 a piece......so 6 isnt bad

Offline SpEeD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker Alert!
« Reply #64 on: Mar 20, 2007, 02:28 PM »
We pay $8.99 a doz for pike chubs and for the BIG ones there a buck to $1.50 a piece......so 6 isnt bad

Then to think we are suppose to throw them away after 7 days if the rules don't change :'(  Lets hope the DEC comes to there sense around here with the receipt rule by next ice season ???
Lurking for those hot-spots!  Gut any???

Offline pyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Mar 20, 2007, 02:35 PM »
Just need to make my own recipts...lol

Offline SpEeD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker Alert!
« Reply #66 on: Mar 20, 2007, 02:44 PM »
Just need to make my own receipts...lol

Yep - That is one of the plans for now ;) Just sucks that law abiding sportsmen have to resort to such measures because of a poorly thought out regulation >:(

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #67 on: Mar 20, 2007, 03:05 PM »
Our local shop is great!  (Mitchells - Rochester, NY)  Always open, has everything, good prices, the bait lasts for weeks, throws in a couple extra, etc. etc....    I always try to get bait there before going on road trips, as you can never tell what you're going to get when you're away from home...  recently had a bad experience in black lake with the half the damn bait dying between the shop and the lake...   happened everyday, all week...  we'll stop at mitchells first next time

Offline SpEeD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker Alert!
« Reply #68 on: Mar 20, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Our local shop is great!  (Mitchells - Rochester, NY)  Always open, has everything, good prices, the bait lasts for weeks, throws in a couple extra, etc. etc....    I always try to get bait there before going on road trips, as you can never tell what you're going to get when you're away from home...  recently had a bad experience in black lake with the half the d**n bait dying between the shop and the lake...   happened everyday, all week...  we'll stop at mitchells first next time

Agree 110% with you Luffy regarding Mitchell's bait - That is where I get all my bait from too even though they are on the other side of town and a little out of the way for me when fishing my favorite ponds. I have complimented them many times on the hardiness of there bait and that is where the problems lies with the new 7 day rule as I do keep my leftover certified bait to use the following days\weekends and the minnows just don't die off storing them in the garage waiting to go fishing with me again;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.