Author Topic: Ice Fisherman Anonymous (help is here)  (Read 3385 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Fisherman Anonymous (help is here)
« Reply #30 on: Sep 09, 2010, 11:54 PM »
"Ice shack" is just another name for a grown-up's "Fort"!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #31 on: Sep 10, 2010, 08:19 PM »
"Ice shack" is just another name for a grown-up's "Fort"!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

That's hilarious, I thought the same thing when building my shack.  I think the exact same thoughts as when I was a kid building a fort.  It's my own personal little space where I love to hide.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #32 on: Sep 11, 2010, 07:00 AM »
Hi I'm Mr.Clean (Steve) and I'm an ice fishaholic. I frequent this website year round and look at some our site sponsors websites for off season specials. Also keep an eye open at bait shops for gear. Like Surf Lizard and probably most of you I have endured my share of comments about my sanity. Just this past Saturday (9/4/10) I was in a small grocery store that carries live bait. When I inquired if they would carry bait this winter ,the clerk asked me " what is so important about bait fish in the winter." I tell him I'm an ice fishermen his reply was " I thought you looked a little crazy."
 If your going to have an addiction at least choose one that does not harm yourself or others. Let the rest of society think what they want and fish on my fellow iceaholics.
 Tight lines and flags up to all of you.
 Steve

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Sep 12, 2010, 10:07 AM »
None of us have problems, just ask the guy at the tackle store!!!
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Sep 16, 2010, 03:20 AM »
Or is could be a LOVE SHACK" depending on your spouse/significant other/  BEWARE of the mitten on the door knob.!

surflizard

« Reply #35 on: Sep 16, 2010, 04:25 AM »
" Or is could be a LOVE SHACK" depending on your spouse/significant other/  BEWARE of the mitten on the door knob.! "
 Good point Dirtofak ! Hows that song go ? Don't bother knockin, if this Ice Shantys arockin !! ;D

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Sep 19, 2010, 07:02 PM »
OH,,, Rated R Ice Fishing!!!

What is this place coming to? I thought Dippy was just drying out his mittens!!!
Dippy, you two are sick men!!! Stay on your own side of the lake this year...

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Sep 21, 2010, 04:14 PM »
hi, i'm panfishman, and i'm pretty sure i'm addicted.
this past summer while i was on a fly fishing only trip, i bought two jigging spoons and a packet of marmooskas because they were half off. this past week i bought an electric auger. i have read my copy of in-fisherman ice fishing secrets so many times that the cover is falling off. yesterday i finally had a minor breakdown because i couldn't find my boots, so i got on here. i'm better for now, but ice had better come soon.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #38 on: Sep 21, 2010, 04:52 PM »
I ONLY HAVE 1 ICEFISHING SHOW LEFT ON DVR..... Im gonna FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surflizard

« Reply #39 on: Sep 21, 2010, 06:54 PM »
EASY Hoosier, Easy buddy, have you seen Ice Road Fishers ? Its a video trip that Drifter from the NWT did with some buddies Way up north for 8 days, with some killer lake Trout action !! :o  When It get to be too much for me, I flip on that video and all is right in the world for a little bit longer !!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Sep 22, 2010, 03:49 PM »
I object!

As the official founder and self appointed president of "Ice Fishers Anonymous" , founded December 10, 2004, ( Ice Fishers Anonymous ) I object to your infringement on our organization's name and purpose.

If you would like to start a chapter, please send the following  for our consideration;

-A complete description, with pictures of your jig collection
-An accurate list with maps of your favorite perch grounds
- Several boxes of jigs as an outright bribe
-Your name :-\

Further use of our never to be trademarked name will bring dire consequences...I guess.
RG

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Sep 22, 2010, 04:27 PM »
I've been waiting for you to chime in RG. I was wondering if this was a sanctioned meeting or a fringe gathering. Someone owes alot of jigs in dues payments.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Sep 23, 2010, 02:17 AM »
Danged interlopers >:(

We ready for a meeting yet? Are you driving your wife, girlfriend, golf partner, co-workers and check out girl at the supermarket crazy talking about ice fishing ......yet?

Did you wax the bottom of your portable last weekend?

Have you polished all your jigs and rearranged them by size, color and target species?

Is your credit card company calling to confirm multiple purchases from Jammin Jigs.....on the same day?

Did you take over the spare bedroom to house your jig collection? (I did)

Have you been jigging for bluegills with your ice rod and a Hali off the bridge over the canal?

Have you spent hours in front of your FL-18 raising and lowering the transducer so you can watch the pretty colors?

You may be ready for a meeting. Say the word and we'll meet at the Bayside to commiserate and drown our sorrows.....and eat some wings ;D

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Sep 23, 2010, 02:20 AM »
Sorry RG!!! I will get those things in the mail in the morning. Didn't mean to step on any toes!!!

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #44 on: Sep 23, 2010, 02:34 AM »
Danged interlopers >:(

We ready for a meeting yet? Are you driving your wife, girlfriend, golf partner, co-workers and check out girl at the supermarket crazy talking about ice fishing ......yet?

Did you wax the bottom of your portable last weekend?

Have you polished all your jigs and rearranged them by size, color and target species?

Is your credit card company calling to confirm multiple purchases from Jammin Jigs.....on the same day?

Did you take over the spare bedroom to house your jig collection? (I did)

Have you been jigging for bluegills with your ice rod and a Hali off the bridge over the canal?

Have you spent hours in front of your FL-18 raising and lowering the transducer so you can watch the pretty colors?

You may be ready for a meeting. Say the word and we'll meet at the Bayside to commiserate and drown our sorrows.....and eat some wings ;D

RG

I love this site!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #45 on: Sep 23, 2010, 04:48 AM »
wow you people are definitely whacked  :cookoo: :cookoo:   ;D ;D ;D  RG can i get in the club too  ???
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #46 on: Sep 23, 2010, 11:55 AM »
I ONLY HAVE 1 ICEFISHING SHOW LEFT ON DVR..... Im gonna FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least you HAVE one !

lael19533

« Reply #47 on: Sep 23, 2010, 01:13 PM »
<standing up...looking downcast and scuffin one toe in dirt>
Hi.My name is LLT and I'm an HWA.
I have been coming to meetings now for 4 years,and I have to say,"IT AIN'T HELPED ONE BIT.THE GUY IN THE BACK ROW IS THROWING ICE CUBES AT EVERYONE,<not to mention singing the song "Its a cold day in Hades,and me and my Lady,are huntin for ice and it would be so nice...">AND HE NEVER FINISHES THE DANG SONG...(I think the guys name is'RG' but not sure cause Guinea and Jigger are singing harmony,so it's hard to tell who is leading who down that path.)
Over in the 3 row from the back,on the right hand side,sits Surf,Pike and Jason,showing illicite photos of jiggin riggin.
NOW I ASK YOU,HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO RECOVER WITH ALL THIS ENABELING BETWEEN ADDICTS GOING ON?????
Never mind the meetings,folks...lets go down to the nearest indoor hockey ring and practice with our augers!!!!!!!! :icefish:

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #48 on: Sep 23, 2010, 02:05 PM »
Anyone got the link for this Ice Road Fishers? I can't find it.

surflizard

« Reply #49 on: Sep 23, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Drifters 016  help a brother out/ updated, Ice Road Fishers post is on page 8 of general chit chat

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #50 on: Sep 23, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Pikeking,
 I think you qualify for an officer's position....of course I'll need to see those jigs first ::)

Seriously though, we've had several good get togethers at the Bayside. I'm ready when ya'll are!

RG

Offline Litchfield Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Sep 23, 2010, 05:43 PM »
I was in denial but no point in hiding it.  I decided on a college in Northern Maine so I would have an extended ice season  I spend my days checking long range forecasts praying for cold weather, checking the map for ponds, and wondering if the road is plowed to get there. I have already covered the area and found every bait shop within 30 miles that will be open this winter and I'm requesting a room on the first floor second semester so I can run my arator house out the window into my bait bucket.  I think I might be addicted
Its not a passion its an obsession

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #52 on: Sep 24, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Pikeking,
 I think you qualify for an officer's position....of course I'll need to see those jigs first ::)

Seriously though, we've had several good get togethers at the Bayside. I'm ready when ya'll are!

RG
Thanks RG, the jigs are on the way!!! The leaves are changing here and I got my new canister filter for the bait tank. NOW IT"S COMING!!!

Offline nute7810

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • OFFICIAL LURKER.....of the Bikini Ice Fishing Team
« Reply #53 on: Sep 25, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Hi, my name is Nute and I'm addicted and an enabler. I not only suffer for myself but also for the dozens of others I have introduced to the affliction. Innocent women and children, unsuspecting teens, co-workers, anyone weak enough to say yes, I'll try just this once, what can one time hurt. I need a 12 step program - and a drink.

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #54 on: Sep 26, 2010, 04:40 AM »
Hi, my name is Nute and I'm addicted and an enabler. I not only suffer for myself but also for the dozens of others I have introduced to the affliction. Innocent women and children, unsuspecting teens, co-workers, anyone weak enough to say yes, I'll try just this once, what can one time hurt. I need a 12 step program - and a drink.

Thank you for pointing out a personality flaw in me.
I also dupe unsuspecting individuals and groups into trying this "harmless" activity
If think nothing of the "damage" I impose on these people
I should be banished to a frozen lake in the wilderness where no one has ever been
I will be allowed survival gear (all me fishing stuff)
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline fishman31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Sep 27, 2010, 09:00 PM »
I guess you are having some problems! It looks to be affecting your spelling pretty bad!!! ;D
Yea pikeing.  it sure does.  LOL  But I am listening to an ice fishing show to fix this illness. http://northeasticefishing.com/podcast/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.