Author Topic: Ice Shanties...  (Read 4066 times)

turbo484

Ice Shanties...
« on: Feb 24, 2004, 11:58 AM »
Just wanna get some input on what kind of shanties are being used....also if there are any for sale please let me know.....looking for a flip style...really like the frabill ranger xlt but havent really compared with anything else.....thanks

turbo484

Re: Ice Shanties...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2004, 11:59 AM »

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2004, 04:24 PM »
 Shappell Rover makes a nice 1 man flip style.

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2004, 07:17 PM »
I have a Frabill Ranger Triplex. I am real happy with it. My dad and I went in and bought it together. It weighs 113 lbs and fully loaded it weighs 170+. I had some problems with it early, but it wasn't caused by a defect. The place that I bought it put it together wrong and all of the pole bushings broke. Frabill was great. They sent parts that I needed on 3 seperate occasions. I went with the triplex due to the room it had and the fact that we sometimes have 3 or 4 people fishing with us. It has windows on all sides so we can put tipups outside and watch them through the windows. Here is a pic of it.

This was on a lake in SD. The wind was blowing about 40 as you can see by the way the shanty is puffed up. One word of caution no matter what you get...ICE ANCHORS.

Brian

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

turbo484

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2004, 09:03 PM »
Hey Fozsey....  That looks like a great shanty...i was just wondering if there is enough room in the Tri-plex to fish 3 or 4 and still have enough elbow room for electronics ? I am thinking about getting a 2 person shanty for just myself..so theres enough room for my camera and other equiptment..if that is nessesary.. i was also wondering how is that shanty as far as pulling ? thanks for all your input...

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2004, 07:47 PM »
Hey fozsey do you have any pictures of it folded completly down to where you can tow it or do you know where I can get a picture?? Any problems with it?? Looking into getting one for next year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.