Author Topic: Any experience with Northlander Cabin Norpacr2 shelters?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline SectionA

• IceShanty Rookie
  • On, Wisconsin.
Does anyone have any experience with a Northlander Cabin ice shelter? I saw one for the first time this past weekend and I could not believe how sturdy and warm it was. I really enjoy sleeping on the ice and fishing overnight with friends...but my current one man flip and Shappell 3000 obviously cannot offer that option.

I am thinking looking at the 8x8 kit option and I can build the floor. I am not naive to think that it will be as easy to move across the ice as my one man, but I would really be using it when the plan is to stay overnight or go all day with lots of friends. In addition to ice fishing, I bet it would be pretty easy to camp out of as my wife and I do enjoy camping in the fall and this may convince us to try winter camping.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has any feedback on these shelters. They are expensive, but they appear to be high quality.

Offline patchman5401

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Any experience with Northlander Cabin Norpacr2 shelters?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:02 PM »
I've had a CanvasCraft 2 man flip over for about 10-12 years and other than a pole rubbing a pinhole through the thermal fabric on a 28 mile skidoo trip the unit looks as good as the day I bought it.  Granted I only use once or twice a year on fishing trips. Their customer service has been above expectations in my dealings from getting patch material to c clips to make an extra set of wind poles.  With a second set of wind poles installed the unit is very sturdy.  Yes you can buy cheaper but in my mind you can't go wrong with a CanvasCraft! Just my two cents.

Offline mikekll

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Any experience with Northlander Cabin Norpacr2 shelters?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2018, 11:42 AM »
Hello SectionA,
I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, however, are you still looking for opinions from folks who have owned (or own) a Northlander Cabin ice shelter?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.