Author Topic: Any Black Friday deals to be aware of??  (Read 2611 times)

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Any Black Friday deals to be aware of??
« on: Oct 24, 2018, 05:12 PM »
I know we're getting close so I had to post this is there any black friday deals we should be aware of??

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
Re: Any Black Friday deals to be aware of??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2018, 08:44 PM »
guess not, willy

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2018, 08:46 PM »
guess not, willy

Give it two more weeks, then everyone will know more

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2018, 08:47 PM »
Give it two more weeks, then everyone will know more
I'm sure it'll pick up. I got a few black Friday emails yesterday, so I wanted to refresh the topic

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Got a pre black friday sales add from bass pro/cabelas today.. nothing good it seemed.. sorry it's the kick off sale wich absolutely stinks I think they could have done better as far as prices.. prices effective Nov 2 to Nov 20..  funny thing is its like there trying to repulse our  bussiness.. oppsite of making money .. lol's and oppsite of saving it.. 

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2018, 10:11 PM »
I've got a list of items that im looking for black friday sales on. Ill be sure to throw them on here and the best icefishing deals page if/when i find any.
If anyone finds an eskiko fatfish 949i on a good sale let me know  ;D thats the big one on my list this year
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2018, 10:13 PM »
Got a pre black friday sales add from bass pro/cabelas today.. nothing good it seemed.. sorry it's the kick off sale wich absolutely stinks I think they could have done better as far as prices.. prices effective Nov 2 to Nov 20..  funny thing is its like there trying to repulse our  bussiness.. oppsite of making money .. lol's and oppsite of saving it..
As along time Cabela’s guy I rarely purchased anything unless it was on sale as I could always find products cheaper elsewhere. That being said the younger generation and even some of the older generations are savvy on searching for cheaper prices nowadays. I hate what bass pro has done and will rarely buy anything from them or Cabela’s as their sales are basically what I can find it for elsewhere. No clue why anyone would pay retail price for bass pro products unless your in a pinch. Sell their stock if you own it as the younger crowd will not pay their prices and in years to come they will be struggling. Just my opinion.

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2018, 10:34 PM »
As along time Cabela’s guy I rarely purchased anything unless it was on sale as I could always find products cheaper elsewhere. That being said the younger generation and even some of the older generations are savvy on searching for cheaper prices nowadays. I hate what bass pro has done and will rarely buy anything from them or Cabela’s as their sales are basically what I can find it for elsewhere. No clue why anyone would pay retail price for bass pro products unless your in a pinch. Sell their stock if you own it as the younger crowd will not pay their prices and in years to come they will be struggling. Just my opinion.
I was on a thread today that was pretty much everyone hating on cabelas for what they have turned into.  It's a real shame to see sick a well known name on the outdoor world turning into nothing much more than an overpriced namebrand.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2018, 11:53 PM »
I've got a list of items that im looking for black friday sales on. Ill be sure to throw them on here and the best icefishing deals page if/when i find any.
If anyone finds an eskiko fatfish 949i on a good sale let me know  ;D thats the big one on my list this year

It was not on sale at dicks sports the other day..  and they offered 20% off on non sale prices.. might have been the 20%off?? I think they got $20 off on any thing over $100 right now same store...

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2018, 08:37 AM »
I was on a thread today that was pretty much everyone hating on cabelas for what they have turned into.  It's a real shame to see sick a well known name on the outdoor world turning into nothing much more than an overpriced namebrand.
Better for the consumer by far.

I don't care where I buy anything if it can't be serviced by the seller, i.e. if I buy a shelter or rod cheaper from Amazon vs. Cabela's vs. Bass Pro. As a buyer with dollars in mind I want the absolute best deal I can get, especially since if I have a problem with it I can't get it serviced at any of those places.

I don't look at it as Amazon or other grey market sellers stealing money out of Cabela's pockets, I look at it as payback for all the money they've gouged over the years, and if they go out of business it's their own doing, not some other company's.

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2018, 08:54 AM »
I hear ya. I stopped buying from Cabel's and BP long long ago, and only go on their sites to look. I'm lucky to have a huge sporting outlet an hour and a half away from me and it is well worth the trip. Also our local sporting goods isn't over priced  for the most part. I did go to a Gander Outdoors yesterday and they sure weren't giving anything away either. Amazon and Ebay may be the better way to go.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2018, 05:57 PM »
I will be looking to get a kdrill and Milwaukee set up I will be watching but if someone sees a good deal I would appreciate a heads up! Thanks!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2018, 07:39 PM »
I will be looking to get a kdrill and Milwaukee set up I will be watching but if someone sees a good deal I would appreciate a heads up! Thanks!
Keep it safe! JDL

Here's a good deal on rigid hammer drill and a impact driver with 4 x 4.0 amp batteries you read that right four batteries that are four amps each it includes..

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo-Kit-w-Bonus-2-4Ah-Batteries-R9205-AC840087P/307583081

Get that kit above and add on this drill below if you need bigger??  You can drill stakes etc with the 700inch drill then with the 1300 inch pound drill you can run your aguer..

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ridgid-18-Volt-OCTANE-Cordless-Brushless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Driver-Tool-Only-R8611506B/304304102

But will keep a eye out for a k drill  or a deal on one?? With the drill and kit above you got every thing you will ever need and a impact drill you could sell if needed??  Or better yet use..let us know I'd you get it and just need the k drill or if you would rather yhe millwaukee over rigid I like ridgid there about the same and the rigid has a life time warranty..

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Gander has their black friday ad up and live sales now. Not sure anything worth it though....
https://cloud.3dissue.com/101034/172723/201798/GO-Black-Friday-SJ/index.html?icID=HPB1

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Gander has their black friday ad up and live sales now. Not sure anything worth it though....
https://cloud.3dissue.com/101034/172723/201798/GO-Black-Friday-SJ/index.html?icID=HPB1

Thanks I got that sale flyer last night meant to put it up today ..

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #15 on: Nov 03, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Here's a good deal on rigid hammer drill and a impact driver with 4 x 4.0 amp batteries you read that right four batteries that are four amps each it includes..

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo-Kit-w-Bonus-2-4Ah-Batteries-R9205-AC840087P/307583081 the first deal when I go to the site it says the item is not available at this time. And like I said I will be looking but thanks for helping out. Not tied to a Milwaukee drill and I am thinking a brushless drill is a brushless drill. Plus the Riged has more torque.
Keep it safe! JDL

Get that kit above and add on this drill below if you need bigger??  You can drill stakes etc with the 700inch drill then with the 1300 inch pound drill you can run your aguer..

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ridgid-18-Volt-OCTANE-Cordless-Brushless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Driver-Tool-Only-R8611506B/304304102

But will keep a eye out for a k drill  or a deal on one?? With the drill and kit above you got every thing you will ever need and a impact drill you could sell if needed??  Or better yet use..let us know I'd you get it and just need the k drill or if you would rather yhe millwaukee over rigid I like ridgid there about the same and the rigid has a life time warranty..

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2018, 11:14 AM »
found great deals last year black friday especially on big ticket items. this year the only thing i can think of I want is a hard side. doubt black friday will help me there.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 03, 2018, 11:20 AM »
found great deals last year black friday especially on big ticket items. this year the only thing i can think of I want is a hard side. doubt black friday will help me there.

Hard side rod case or hard side shanty??  I happen to have seen a hare side case in the barging cave at cabelas a kolpin ice rod boot.. price was $59.99. Some of the newer cases are roto molded so there are reasons it in the barging cave..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.