Author Topic: P-Line  (Read 1508 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
P-Line
« on: Nov 10, 2018, 03:28 PM »
Where do I find this stuff?  Looks like Dicks has 6lb, but I need some 2lb as well
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: P-Line
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2018, 04:16 PM »
I ordered mine off of amazon last year. Seen it yesterday at my local shop too.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2018, 05:32 PM »
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2018, 06:33 PM »
Yep!  :thumbsup: Great sponsor with great products and great prices!

Doesn’t look like they have floroice?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2018, 07:47 AM »
<===Lefty===

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:24 AM »
What does it mean when it says that it is coated in fluorocarbon? Is this different than normal fluorocarbon line? Heard good stuff about the p-line. Thinking about giving it a try.
Da Pack!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:52 AM »
What does it mean when it says that it is coated in fluorocarbon? Is this different than normal fluorocarbon line? Heard good stuff about the p-line. Thinking about giving it a try.

They use a co-polymer and coat it with some sort of magic to have it take on the invisibility of a true Fluro. It has more stretch, thus more memory, but isn't as brittle as Fluro. I used to run PLine Fluroclear for years while guiding for great lakes trout and salmon. Worked great for drifting spawn sacks, swinging spinners and as leader material. Personally, I like the sensitivity of true Fluro for jigging applications, no stretch.

Offline ojibwa6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:56 AM »
I just ordered a new pole from Thorne Bros and they suggested P-line. I ordered 3# 300 yards for around 10 bucks

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:59 AM »
They use a co-polymer and coat it with some sort of magic to have it take on the invisibility of a true Fluro. It has more stretch, thus more memory, but isn't as brittle as Fluro. I used to run PLine Fluroclear for years while guiding for great lakes trout and salmon. Worked great for drifting spawn sacks, swinging spinners and as leader material. Personally, I like the sensitivity of true Fluro for jigging applications, no stretch.

Good to know, thanks for that explanation. I agree, I'm a fan of the fluorocarbon primarily because there's no stretch. I don't mind the brittleness either, just gotta take your time with the big ones. P-line probably isn't the line for me then.
Da Pack!

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 13, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Where do I find this stuff?  Looks like Dicks has 6lb, but I need some 2lb as well

Hey Piersm2, I see you're from St. Cloud. I've bought P-line in those weights locally from the Bait Den(on Roosevelt Rd. next to the Maid-Rite) here in town in the past. Might be a good place to check out, though their selection can vary since they are a smaller outfit. They also usually have some asso line and other harder to find brands. Stop Light bait by Copper Lantern on Hwy 10 might have some as well.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2018, 10:46 AM »
Hey Piersm2, I see you're from St. Cloud. I've bought P-line in those weights locally from the Bait Den(on Roosevelt Rd. next to the Maid-Rite) here in town in the past. Might be a good place to check out, though their selection can vary since they are a smaller outfit. They also usually have some asso line and other harder to find brands. Stop Light bait by Copper Lantern on Hwy 10 might have some as well.

Stoplight doesn't have it.  Was in there yesterday.  Bait Den is on my way home so I will swing by there.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2018, 10:00 PM »
If I understood it right when I read up on it, the fluro ice is a co-polymer....which is a mono base for the line coated with a fluro Carbon. So it gives you a middle of the road line between the mono and fluro.

Fluro is a great line.....low strech, abrasion resistant, invisible in water....however it tends to be a stiffer line and doesn't roll very well on small ice reel spools......which leads to the fluro line jumping off the spool and tangles. So the copolymer gives you a lot of those qualities due to the fluro coating. Since the base is mono, it rolls onto small ice reels better, and doesn't jump or spring off the spool like pure fluro does.

If you can't fine p-line just look for a line that is a co polymer and it should be similar.

Offline Foxzyk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2018, 01:47 AM »
I don't think there is a difference in the ice fishing line to the open water line. I use regular Pline floroclear year round and I never have had any problems just great performing line.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2018, 05:51 AM »

I’ve used P-Line floro coated , stream fishing and for ice , no complaints here

Squarehog

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2018, 06:10 AM »
I use P-line flouroclear, and xtra strong as well as voltage and it’s been a great line.  I heard they make a 5 lb test which Seems like it would be an ideal panfish line for many situations

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2018, 10:20 AM »
Thorne bro's recommended me P line floroclear? said there is no difference between the summer stuff and p line ice version... ice is just more expensive.

Offline IceholeHEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2018, 11:01 AM »
If there is a Field and Stream close to you they have it. From 2 lb to 10 lb.
To catch them all…you gotta catch them small

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2018, 08:42 PM »
I've used 5 lb P Line Fluoro ice year round and found it to be a great all-purpose line.  I use the 8lb for leaders often in open water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.