Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1698741 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8460 on: Aug 06, 2021, 12:34 PM »
I just got off the phone with Garmin customer support and he did say that the video is misleading and that the Dual Beam IF DOES NOT have CHIRP capability.  He strongly recommended the GT8HW-IF if CHIRP was important to me.

Just a heads up to folks discussing and pondering purchasing the IF dual beam transducer as I was.

I learned something today ..thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8461 on: Aug 06, 2021, 12:37 PM »
I learn things here in this discussion almost every day. Some of it is just Useless Information for me if I don't want or need it but I sure have scored some fantastic deals by reading here.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Mike84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8462 on: Aug 06, 2021, 12:46 PM »
I learned something today ..thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:
It was a bit tough to decipher at surface level.  i feel like they don't give the striker the line the attention it deserves as it is one of their most entry level lines.  I appreciate you posting the link to the video DH.  You're a champion. 
I'm just here for the ice fishing groupies..

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8463 on: Aug 06, 2021, 01:33 PM »
It was a bit tough to decipher at surface level.  i feel like they don't give the striker the line the attention it deserves as it is one of their most entry level lines.  I appreciate you posting the link to the video DH.  You're a champion.

I have a Garmin EchoMap 43cv ..I am looking at making into a ice ready unit ...as I have it on a old Genz box already  .. I have mapped several of my local fishing spot/lakes . When I started looking for transducers my head exploded ..very poor messaging on the different transducers and compatibility. If I remember correctly I think I landed on the GT8HW-IF
 for my needs . I just haven't quite decided if I need/want a  digital unit for on ice ..I love the simplicity of my two Vexilars FL18 and FL12. I wanted the Garmin to map ..and it worked well ..I also am able to mount it to my ATV for the mapping capability but haven't used it for that as the one season was limited ice and last season was easier to drag out ...plus i can access all my maps with my cellphone via Garmin Active Captain and Quickdraw.

BTW I do love the Garmin LiveScope technology ..as soon as they can get the weight of that unit down some I would be all over a 7 inch screen version

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8464 on: Aug 06, 2021, 04:28 PM »
I learn things here in this discussion almost every day. Some of it is just Useless Information for me if I don't want or need it but I sure have scored some fantastic deals by reading here.

I'm sure glad that I created this thread! I don't spend a lot of time in conversations, but I agree that I have scored some good deals here! I'm not the best at posting deals, but I don't have a whole lot of time to seach with three kids 5 and under. Thanks to everyone that continually contributes here!
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8465 on: Aug 06, 2021, 05:27 PM »
I'm sure glad that I created this thread! I don't spend a lot of time in conversations, but I agree that I have scored some good deals here! I'm not the best at posting deals, but I don't have a whole lot of time to seach with three kids 5 and under. Thanks to everyone that continually contributes here!

Do you know what caused 3 kids under 5 I don't envy you. I have 4 kids 11 9 4 and 2 plus  I have 3 big dogs .
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8466 on: Aug 06, 2021, 05:57 PM »
Do you know what caused 3 kids under 5 I don't envy you. I have 4 kids 11 9 4 and 2 plus  I have 3 big dogs .

::) yeah, I do for sure. I'm hoping they'll be the ones pulling the gear on the ice one day.  @)
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8467 on: Aug 06, 2021, 07:18 PM »
::) yeah, I do for sure. I'm hoping they'll be the ones pulling the gear on the ice one day.  @)

Good luck with that lol. My 9 year old love to ice fish but hates that I make him walk 1-1.5 miles out and then back in 3 miles round trip
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8474 on: Aug 12, 2021, 09:37 AM »
24 square feet of foam tiles for hub floor $16

https://www.amazon.com/BalanceFrom-Puzzle-Exercise-Interlocking-Tiles/dp/B013A4ATCQ/ref=cs_sr_dp?dchild=1&keywords=ice%2Bfishing&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1628778154&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-132&th=1&psc=1

I would avoid these! A buddy tried them in his pop up on bare ice and they got stuck to the ice once water got between them. He also used them on uneven snow covered ice and the interlocks did not stay locked together and kept popping up. They were great insulation but more trouble than they were worth for ice fishing. They do work pretty good having just one panel to keep your feet off the snow and ice.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8475 on: Aug 12, 2021, 09:57 AM »
I would avoid these! A buddy tried them in his pop up on bare ice and they got stuck to the ice once water got between them. He also used them on uneven snow covered ice and the interlocks did not stay locked together and kept popping up. They were great insulation but more trouble than they were worth for ice fishing. They do work pretty good having just one panel to keep your feet off the snow and ice.

My buddy has a different brand..multi colored ..used them last season in a two man flip ..worked well but that was not on bare ice ..where I can see that being a problem stickage and slipage . Most days I  am wearing cleats ..cant imagine them putting up with that kind of abuse . But the other day I almost made a purchase ..but choose not to ..I do have two rubber backed door mats from a dollar store that work for my needs. I have thought about a rubber anti fatigue mat with holes similar to what is used in restaurant  kitchen but I really don't need it . But to each there own.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8476 on: Aug 12, 2021, 10:00 AM »

I have 4 of them and only take 2 with me one for the wife and one for me. Nice to lay down in front of you for kneeling down. 
<===Lefty===

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8477 on: Aug 12, 2021, 10:02 AM »
My buddy has a different brand..multi colored ..used them last season in a two man flip ..worked well but that was not on bare ice ..where I can see that being a problem stickage and slipage . Most days I  am wearing cleats ..cant imagine them putting up with that kind of abuse . But the other day I almost made a purchase ..but choose not to ..I do have two rubber backed door mats from a dollar store that work for my needs. I have thought about a rubber anti fatigue mat with holes similar to what is used in restaurant  kitchen but I really don't need it . But to each there own.

I cut a square of the 1" pink foam siding insulation that I use under my feet and it works great.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8478 on: Aug 12, 2021, 10:02 AM »
Does anyone know when Garmin usually does their $200 rebate in the fall on Livescope? I think the last one they ran was in May

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8479 on: Aug 12, 2021, 10:05 AM »
I have 4 of them and only take 2 with me one for the wife and one for me. Nice to lay down in front of you for kneeling down.

Good plan Lefty. My wife has a small foam gardening cushion I swiped and use when I kneel by a hole. It has cutouts that my gloves fit right into.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8480 on: Aug 12, 2021, 10:33 AM »
This may not be a true blue deal..more of a review of sorts .

I recently purchased and I am currently putting it through its paces a knock off Battery Adapter for Milwaukee 18v Battery USB Charger & 12v DC Port & Work Light from Amazon..It has worked well w/ a 5ah Milwaukee battery ..charges my Samsung S9 ..works my LED Strip lights ( note with a diffent set of LED strip lights on the lowest setting the colored lights tend to blink off/on about every 30 seconds ..but other settings seem fine).  The light is ok and may get use during the break down of my set up at night for the trek home .I also got some USB extensions and that seems to have no effect in performance when in use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KGFLLK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L7421JF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used these LED off and on last season ..switching off between another brand/set in my hub..held up well and are bright ..EZPZ to put up/take down/store ..had them on a small battery pack and a small hand warmer . These go up and down in price sometime with a coupon .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CBJBLRG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8481 on: Aug 12, 2021, 10:46 AM »
Does anyone know when Garmin usually does their $200 rebate in the fall on Livescope? I think the last one they ran was in May

This is the dates from last one ...I would think similar timing this season ..But they do have a new ice bundle this season for live scope ..they may offer a rebate to push the line ...also Lowrance has uped/fixed there game into the "Scope" technology(although dont have a dedicated ice bundle) ...Garmin may want to compete on pricing

https://static.garmincdn.com/Promotions/panoptixlivescoperebate2021.pdf

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/795105/pn/010-02342-20

https://www.lowrance.com/activetarget/

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8482 on: Aug 12, 2021, 12:26 PM »

I recently purchased and I am currently putting it through its paces a knock off Battery Adapter for Milwaukee 18v Battery USB Charger & 12v DC Port & Work Light from Amazon..It has worked well w/ a 5ah Milwaukee battery ..charges my Samsung S9 ..works my LED Strip lights ( note with a diffent set of LED strip lights on the lowest setting the colored lights tend to blink off/on about every 30 seconds ..but other settings seem fine).  The light is ok and may get use during the break down of my set up at night for the trek home .I also got some USB extensions and that seems to have no effect in performance when in use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KGFLLK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L7421JF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used these LED off and on last season ..switching off between another brand/set in my hub..held up well and are bright ..EZPZ to put up/take down/store ..had them on a small battery pack and a small hand warmer . These go up and down in price sometime with a coupon .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CBJBLRG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the battery output adapter and would love that with one of the big Milwaukee 9 or 12AH batteries. Nice gadget to have for all sorts of situations.
LED lights and strips come in a couple varieties and you have to be careful to make sure they say "Dimmable" if you want to use them on a dimmer. Some require a steady voltage while others do fine on varied voltages. That hang up fluorescent Milwaukee battery lamp you showed a while back, I bought one and it does have a USB out port on it.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #8483 on: Aug 12, 2021, 01:37 PM »

Thanks again HWD, ordered a few of the adapters. Will come in real handy for powering all kinds of things  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8484 on: Aug 12, 2021, 01:58 PM »
I like the battery output adapter and would love that with one of the big Milwaukee 9 or 12AH batteries. Nice gadget to have for all sorts of situations.
LED lights and strips come in a couple varieties and you have to be careful to make sure they say "Dimmable" if you want to use them on a dimmer. Some require a steady voltage while others do fine on varied voltages. That hang up fluorescent Milwaukee battery lamp you showed a while back, I bought one and it does have a USB out port on it.

The LED lights  I have ..one with a remote got from Walmart ..no name and now unavailable ..is nice ..multi colored all sorts of disco lighting effects and dimmer . The other one from Amazon works well also lots of color and disco lighting functions with dimmer ..but controls are on the strip ..both light are about 4-5 feet ..I suggest longer .. get 10 foot especially for a Hub ..my Eskimo 949i could benefit from a little longer strip . That Milwaukee lantern is a great light..but that battery pack USB source fits in the LED light bag..and that will always be on hand as the Lantern takes up some real estate and sometimes dosent go for the ride ...and sometimes the day trips ends up as an all nighter Crappie trip.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8485 on: Aug 12, 2021, 05:29 PM »
Disco lighting in a fish house?🤮

Offline Mcmich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8486 on: Aug 14, 2021, 11:52 AM »

I have been using something similar to power my fish finder (Lowrance HD7) just need to find an old cord that fits the plug, plug it and find neg and pos and hook the wire to the finder.  Works good.

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8487 on: Aug 14, 2021, 01:49 PM »
Camofire has Striker gear today, including the Predator and climate jacket in most sizes. https://www.camofire.com/

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8488 on: Aug 14, 2021, 02:42 PM »

Thanks Vandal I just order up 4 fishing shirts

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8489 on: Aug 14, 2021, 08:05 PM »
Less of a deal, more like a steal. I've been scouring my Menards stores for a year or more, trying to find the Flame King propane refill kit. Well, somehow my store happened to get in a dozen kits. My joy was seeing that one of the shelf tags still had them priced at $39.99, instead of $49.99. Add in my rebate cards, and I got it for just over eight bucks.

(I suppose I could have bought out the whole lot at 20 percent off, but that kinda move would screw with my luck.)
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.