Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699023 times)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5970 on: Nov 19, 2019, 04:38 PM »
 anyone come across a helix7 ice bundle on a deal yet?

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5971 on: Nov 19, 2019, 04:49 PM »
Thanks for posting this. I hope they work good on braid. Haven’t found anything that can consistently make a clean cut. Nothing more aggravating than trying to feed frayed braid through the opening of a tiny swivel. Worth a shot.

They work great on braid, overall great tool have one tethered in my boat full time.  Their pliers on the other hand are COMPLETE garbage. A pair of tweezers are stronger.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5972 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:24 PM »
anyone come across a helix7 ice bundle on a deal yet?

Cabela's sale flyer for black Friday show's a helix 7 gps model non ice bundle for 399.99...  might be worth it to find a transduecer and battery and case?? even Dave Genz blues box cost $25 are not bad??  if you find a helix 7 cheap enough? Use 3/8 inch rebar for the Transduecer mount for the one that comes with it?  if any thing.. do one cheap till you can get the ice ducer..

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5973 on: Nov 19, 2019, 07:23 PM »
I got my Predator bibs from The Reel Shot in January for $168. It was a 20% off Striker sale, but I'd watch for a black Friday deal there. Quick shipping and free.

Scheels was willing to sell them to me 20% off last night in store....wasn't even asking, just trying them on...I assume there will be a sale for that much coming up.

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5974 on: Nov 19, 2019, 08:13 PM »
Please keep eye out for clam plate deals. Needs to pair it up with drill system this year.
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5975 on: Nov 19, 2019, 09:58 PM »
200 PAGES of ice deals!! Such an amazing thread, thanks to everyone who has contributed and the OP for starting this!  :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5976 on: Nov 19, 2019, 10:04 PM »
I got my Predator bibs from The Reel Shot in January for $168. It was a 20% off Striker sale, but I'd watch for a black Friday deal there. Quick shipping and free.

Scheels was willing to sell them to me 20% off last night in store....wasn't even asking, just trying them on...I assume there will be a sale for that much coming up.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5977 on: Nov 20, 2019, 02:11 AM »
Please keep eye out for clam plate deals. Needs to pair it up with drill system this year.

Use code 5Day15OFF till the 20 of november at this link for a clam plate 15% off

https://www.reedssports.com/ice-fishing/augers

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #5978 on: Nov 20, 2019, 04:08 AM »
I think that's called bait and switch
This type of thing happens everyday. Society has changed, no one has pride or integrity anymore it’s all about misleading and manipulation to get ahead.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5979 on: Nov 20, 2019, 05:22 AM »
I think that's called bait and switch

It sure is.  Bass Pro had an insulated clam flipover for $199 with free shipping a year or two ago on Christmas morning. I made a big stink and got a $100 gift certificate when they cancelled my order.  They cancelled every single order on that product.  I wonder how much other stuff was purchased along with those shanties?
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
<===Lefty===

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5981 on: Nov 20, 2019, 06:42 AM »
$89 I thought they sold 2 years ago for $69! At any rate they are only $79 at Sportsmans. https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing-gear-supplies/ice-fishing/ice-augers-accessories/clam-drill-ice-fishing-auger-conversion-kit/p/1416847?channel=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5dPuBRCrARIsAJL7oejSNUBEzn2tLQ2oaz29eOkjYI4WTT39FLz49rrokUh0hMhcN_OqBoQaAi3-EALw_wcB

You’re correct! I paid $69 plus tax 2 years ago in a store in central Michigan. I don’t think Clam expected them to be as popular as they are. Having said that, I’ve spent $80 on way worse products.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5982 on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Franks Great Outdoors has Striker Trekker bibs for $99.  Anyone have these bibs?  How do they size.  I am 5 ft 6" 170lbs.  I see conflicting sizes recommendations, not many reviews online.

https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/striker-ice-trekker-bib-black-c-strkr-21300

Looks like they must have gotten another shipment of these because they now have all of the sizes available again. Does anyone know how the Trekker sizes run?

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5983 on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:42 AM »
Looks like they must have gotten another shipment of these because they now have all of the sizes available again. Does anyone know how the Trekker sizes run?

Anyone know how warm these things are? They say in the description for early and late ice. Looking for my dad and brother and they are babies when it comes to the cold so not sure these would be warm enough for them.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5984 on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:47 AM »
On rapala.com you can get 25% off a single item! For example the new strike master jacket or bibs you can get for $149.99 and a free sticker and free shipping. Use the code ICE25. Even works for electronics including the Marcum Lithium Shuttle

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5985 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:09 AM »
I ordered a pair of the Trekker bibs last night from Frank's Great Outdoors in size medium. I signed up for their newsletter hoping to get a promo code, but it didn't come in until after i placed the order. Oh well, maybe someone else can use it and save some money. Use code WELCOME for $5 off.

I'm 6'0" 190 pounds with a 32-33" waist, so I went with a medium. I'll let everyone know how they fit once i get them in.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5986 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:12 AM »
Anyone know how warm these things are? They say in the description for early and late ice. Looking for my dad and brother and they are babies when it comes to the cold so not sure these would be warm enough for them.

I tried them on and even though it is an excellent price, I felt like they were relatively light. For MN temperatures it didn't feel like a suite I'd want to be fishing outside in. Great quality, just not warm like the Predator or the Climate. ( I was told that the climate is very similar to the hardwater suit. Take out the liner from the climate and you basically have the Predator.....not sure how much true that is but that's what I've been told).

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5987 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:16 AM »
I was afraid that might be the case, mboss13. I'll give them a shot and if they're not warm enough, return them or sell them and buy something else. That's the risk you take buying online without trying them on I guess. Buying them at 50% off, I should be able to get my money back on them at least.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5988 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:19 AM »
I was afraid that might be the case, mboss13. I'll give them a shot and if they're not warm enough, return them or sell them and buy something else. That's the risk you take buying online without trying them on I guess. Buying them at 50% off, I should be able to get my money back on them at least.

I think you can always get what you paid for them from Facebook Marketplace at that price. Like I said, they feel great, and if the temp will be around 20F with low wind, you'd probably be fine.....but come January around me that would be a heat wave, which happens like one day in January.

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5989 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:33 AM »

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
Big Buddy $89.99 Northern Tool
« Reply #5990 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:34 AM »
I like to share this one because it's always the best deal of the year and every ice fisherman needs one.  Especially at that price.

Get em while you can they won't last long!

www.northerntool.com  CODE: 267879

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5991 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:36 AM »
FishUSA 20% off Striker Ice Trekker Jacket and Bibs, Okuma Inspira Ice Rod, Buy 2 Get 1 Free Rapala Slab Rap

https://www.fishusa.com/Striker-Ice-Trekker-Jacket
https://www.fishusa.com/Striker-Ice-Trekker-Bibs
https://www.fishusa.com/Okuma-Inspira-Ice-Spinning-Rod
https://www.fishusa.com/Rapala-Slab-Raps

Not a good deal, unless you're stocked on some 20% off gift cards with them....those trekker bibs are $99 at Frank's right now, no coupon needed.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5992 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:45 AM »
I ordered a pair of the Trekker bibs last night from Frank's Great Outdoors in size medium. I signed up for their newsletter hoping to get a promo code, but it didn't come in until after i placed the order. Oh well, maybe someone else can use it and save some money. Use code WELCOME for $5 off.

I'm 6'0" 190 pounds with a 32-33" waist, so I went with a medium. I'll let everyone know how they fit once i get them in.
I think you should have went with a Large. I am 5'9" 180 and were a large Bib. Gives me plenty of room for layers.
<===Lefty===

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5993 on: Nov 20, 2019, 09:30 AM »
Tractor supply has eskimo keeper bibs on sale for 175 depending on size, free shipping, and 15 off 150 or more with code RMNTSC15.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5995 on: Nov 20, 2019, 10:30 AM »

Well you saved me $5  ;D   … thanks!

I went with the XL which said it was for a 38-40 inch waist. I'm not too worried about warmth because I typically sit in my heated shanty and jig lakers  ::)

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5996 on: Nov 20, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Cabela's is at 12% cashaback through Active Junky. Might have to pull the trigger on the lite flite 8" with the 20off100 coupon they sent and 20%off gift cards....or to wait until cyber monday sales......hard to decide....either way that would bring the $ cost to me to about $125+ tax after all is said and done. Anybody think it will go lower than $179 anywhere online....I'm not even sure that they'd pricematch a black friday/cyber monday deal anyway

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5997 on: Nov 20, 2019, 10:59 AM »
Cabela's is at 12% cashaback through Active Junky. Might have to pull the trigger on the lite flite 8" with the 20off100 coupon they sent and 20%off gift cards....or to wait until cyber monday sales......hard to decide....either way that would bring the $ cost to me to about $125+ tax after all is said and done. Anybody think it will go lower than $179 anywhere online....I'm not even sure that they'd pricematch a black friday/cyber monday deal anyway

Not sure that your going to beat that $ 125 deal with all your nuances added in ...maybe there will be a 20% off here and there ..but then you would have to wait for a price match to be approved..and I bet stock will be depleted before the season ..its a fast drill with the StrikeMaster name .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5998 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Cabela's is at 12% cashaback through Active Junky. Might have to pull the trigger on the lite flite 8" with the 20off100 coupon sent.

Was that 20 off $100 in the mail or email? Family member usually gets one and passes it on to me but I never seen to get them  ???  Have a $100 order ready to pull the trigger on, might have to wait and see if one pops up.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5999 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:11 AM »
Also $125 is a great price. I think the 6" ones were $135 at the Blaine hardwater expo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.