Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1698949 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #4320 on: Dec 19, 2018, 07:22 AM »
Gander Mountain - $59.98 delivered.  Use promo code:  SHOPGANDER

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4321 on: Dec 19, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Gander Mountain - $59.98 delivered.  Use promo code:  SHOPGANDER

DN

Nice job Deal Ninja!  Just bought it.  Thanks for saving me a few bucks.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4322 on: Dec 19, 2018, 01:02 PM »
You can get the 8" K-Drill for $187.46+tax from Gander with the SHOPGANDER promo code when shipped to store. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted after using esox_xtm's!

Offline Moosemilk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4323 on: Dec 19, 2018, 03:03 PM »
Thanks for the tip on Gander!  Was just looking on Craigslist for one at the same price used.   :tipup:

Offline Benbodtke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4324 on: Dec 19, 2018, 04:09 PM »
Been following this thread and taking in a lot of great deals. Made a purchase on shoes.com during the 30% off but it got cancelled today due to out of stock. Any other places have a decent deal on great shoes.

I ordered Baffin Impacts, anything better for around that $100 range

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4325 on: Dec 19, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Been following this thread and taking in a lot of great deals. Made a purchase on shoes.com during the 30% off but it got cancelled today due to out of stock. Any other places have a decent deal on great shoes.

Are the eigers available? Only difference between them and the impacts are they are a little shorter and different lace system.

Offline Benbodtke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4326 on: Dec 19, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Nope, sizes are pretty limited. Probably will have to look elsewhere

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4327 on: Dec 19, 2018, 05:41 PM »

Check amazon. Not sure what size you are but some sizes are $149 right now

Offline jiginit

• IceShanty Rookie
  • That's my story and stickin to it
Re: Spud Deal
« Reply #4328 on: Dec 19, 2018, 06:44 PM »
https://www.cabelas.com/product/bargain-cave/fishing/ice-fishing/pc/105591780/c/105740280/sc/105747480/cabelas-ice-chisel/2581713.uts?slotId=0
Cabela's 52" spud. 6lbs. $15, free shipping today only. Fantastic piece of safety equipment

Recvd Spud bar from cabelas today. Thanks to the poster. Great deal. What I dont get is this big 52" hunk of steel with welded chipping bit and nice rubber type handle and strap is the same price they're asking for that tiny little eskimo ice anchor adapter. Something smells fishy...Oh wait, its not powdercoated.
 :o ::)

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Spud Deal
« Reply #4329 on: Dec 19, 2018, 06:59 PM »
Recvd Spud bar from cabelas today. Thanks to the poster. Great deal. What I dont get is this big 52" hunk of steel with welded chipping bit and nice rubber type handle and strap is the same price they're asking for that tiny little eskimo ice anchor adapter. Something smells fishy...Oh wait, its not powdercoated.
 :o ::)
If it were just based on cost of material and manufacturing it wouldn’t be capitalism. You need to pay for how convenient it is to have said piece of metal bent just right.   

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4330 on: Dec 19, 2018, 08:31 PM »

I have 2 pairs (double order, don't ask...) of 13 Baffin Impacts that I paid $113/ea for on Shoes.com, but am returning becuase I needed 14's.  If 13 Impacts are what you're trying to buy, PM me.  I'll ship them to you for the same price I paid, and I'll pay the shipping to you.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4331 on: Dec 19, 2018, 09:08 PM »

check shoemall.com

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4332 on: Dec 20, 2018, 01:25 AM »
If you're into making your own fishing jigs and you need some lead, tin or another casting alloy Rotometals is having a 10% off sale.
Just use code "tree" to save 10%.
Plus there are some other deals to be had on their site.
https://www.rotometals.com/

Those same guys who buy scrap sell it!! A local scrap yard sells lead .70 cents a pound..   so do the math on 50 lbs it's way cheaper them roto metals.. with shipping you can even buy clean range lead on ebay..

by the way the only reason I would shop roto metals is if I am making bullets..  soft lead tends to deform easier then haveing more Tin or bismuth in it..  the harder the lead the more accurate the shot is with less deformation  of the bullet along shot path before mushrooms on or in the target..

but if just pouring jigs sinkers etc go to a scrap yard save half the price...  difference Is clean lead versus contaminated lead you can't  pour threw a pour spout with out it clogging .. this is why I use the percision magnum meter that holds 20 lbs of lead..   there's no pour spout on it but  it ladles off just fine..  best investment I have made yet for fishing!!

This is the avarge for scrap yads .75 cents per pound to sell to you bUT to buy from you it .62 cents for soft lead scrap.. now wheel weights are .30 cents s pound to buy and Like .15 cents a pound to sell to them.. just depends on ware you go so keep this in mind before you rip out your copper plumbing and sell it.. or rip out your neighbors a/c unit with out him knowing lol's .. we get those illegal scrapers on the news up here all the time so I had to joke..  any how if you need steel check scrap yards like for welding table tops etc.. but like said the there are reason to buy from rotometals like if making .38 cal wad cutters from a mold ?? Like my uncle did when he was on the police force.. before he retired..

https://www.877ironmike.com/metal-prices

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4333 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:04 AM »
Striker Hardwater Bibs (XL only) $141 shipped
Striker Ice SI HardWater Bibs, X-Large https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B016AAQLZQ/

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4334 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:07 AM »

Feb 7th ship date

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4335 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:09 AM »
Feb 7th ship date

Good catch; I didn't click through that far.

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4336 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:44 AM »

Those same guys who buy scrap sell it!! A local scrap yard sells lead .70 cents a pound..   so do the math on 50 lbs it's way cheaper them roto metals.. with shipping you can even buy clean range lead on ebay..

by the way the only reason I would shop roto metals is if I am making bullets..  soft lead tends to deform easier then haveing more Tin or bismuth in it..  the harder the lead the more accurate the shot is with less deformation  of the bullet along shot path before mushrooms on or in the target..

but if just pouring jigs sinkers etc go to a scrap yard save half the price...  difference Is clean lead versus contaminated lead you can't  pour threw a pour spout with out it clogging .. this is why I use the percision magnum meter that holds 20 lbs of lead..   there's no pour spout on it but  it ladles off just fine..  best investment I have made yet for fishing!!

This is the avarge for scrap yads .75 cents per pound to sell to you bUT to buy from you it .62 cents for soft lead scrap.. now wheel weights are .30 cents s pound to buy and Like .15 cents a pound to sell to them.. just depends on ware you go so keep this in mind before you rip out your copper plumbing and sell it.. or rip out your neighbors a/c unit with out him knowing lol's .. we get those illegal scrapers on the news up here all the time so I had to joke..  any how if you need steel check scrap yards like for welding table tops etc.. but like said the there are reason to buy from rotometals like if making .38 cal wad cutters from a mold ?? Like my uncle did when he was on the police force.. before he retired..

https://www.877ironmike.com/metal-prices
Your lucky if you have a scrap yard that sells lead for that price and consistently has it in stock.
eBay nowdays is close to $2 per pound shipped for most listings I have looked at.
My local scrap yard is $1 per pound IF they have any. They often times don't have any.
Rotometals always has lead and always has good clean lead.
Wheel weights are very dirty and over 1/2 are not lead anymore.
Many Do-It molds recommend pure lead.
Plus Rotometals has the tin and antimony to make your own alloys.
They also sell quality ladels, skimmers,etc.
So for those who cannot find lead locally or who want a good known alloy they are great to do business with.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4337 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:52 AM »
I have a 20 pound chunk of lead a farmer found in his field and thought it was an meteorite.
<===Lefty===

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4338 on: Dec 20, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Nice ive got a stock pile of 545#of 1lb ingots that i melt from wheel weight.its a tad hard and alot of ww are turning over to zinc.i melt in a cast iron pot first,flux it good and turns out great and pours out of my bottom spout lee.i make buckets of sinkers and jigs to sell.anyways off topic but a 5 gallon bucket full of ww for $10.check gas stations or places that change tires.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4339 on: Dec 20, 2018, 09:00 AM »
Your lucky if you have a scrap yard that sells lead for that price and consistently has it in stock.
eBay nowdays is close to $2 per pound shipped for most listings I have looked at.
My local scrap yard is $1 per pound IF they have any. They often times don't have any.
Rotometals always has lead and always has good clean lead.
Wheel weights are very dirty and over 1/2 are not lead anymore.
Many Do-It molds recommend pure lead.
Plus Rotometals has the tin and antimony to make your own alloys.
They also sell quality ladels, skimmers,etc.
So for those who cannot find lead locally or who want a good known alloy they are great to do business with.

Ya lead prices are astronomical right nown and keep going up..  $1 a pound Is better then $1.60 a pound plus shipping if you think about it  you can get lead on ebay 2 a pound with free shipping some times??  So it comes out about same.. that would be why I delt with roto metals is the alloys like you said..

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4340 on: Dec 20, 2018, 09:47 AM »

Shows a price of 229$ on my screen ? I could use a new pair of bibs ... Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?
Budweiser pro staff

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4341 on: Dec 20, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Shows a price of 229$ on my screen ? I could use a new pair of bibs ... Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?
229 is the right price. your not doing any thing wrong.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4342 on: Dec 20, 2018, 10:03 AM »
.  Amazon's pricing can change very quickly, sometimes only takes one person to buy a item and the price jumps.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4343 on: Dec 20, 2018, 10:23 AM »
.  Amazon's pricing can change very quickly, sometimes only takes one person to buy a item and the price jumps.

Yup, Amazon is fickle. This was a third party seller and it looks like they sold out.

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4344 on: Dec 20, 2018, 11:02 AM »

Ya lead prices are astronomical right nown and keep going up..  $1 a pound Is better then $1.60 a pound plus shipping if you think about it  you can get lead on ebay 2 a pound with free shipping some times??  So it comes out about same.. that would be why I delt with roto metals is the alloys like you said..
When I order from Rotometals if I order over $100 worth of stuff I usually get it shipped for free. I've done that a few times.
I mostly order super hard for adding to my bullet casting alloy or for Harding up my saltwater fishing jigs.
I go through several hundred pounds a year making saltwater fishing jigs as I have a legal(you must have an EIN and pay quarterly FET or the IRS will get you) hobby jig business where I make and sell saltwater fishing jigs and sinkers.
My last local lead purchase was 762 lb and I'm running low on that.
I've actually contemplated ordering a ton or two from Rotometals as sometimes I struggle to find lead locally and if they'll ship it for free and I get in on one of their sales it's not really a bad deal.
Especially since I'm getting a known clean alloy as sometimes the scrap stuff I buy locally I lose a good percentage of it to dross anyway.

KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4345 on: Dec 20, 2018, 02:42 PM »
If you buy a Peet boot dryer by 12/31/18, you get a free Portable Peet ($30 value) dryer by mail-in-rebate.  The Peet dryers are sweet for extending the life of your boots and getting your boots dry overnight.  The original Peet seem to be $40 everywhere unless you can add on a generic sale like one of the eBay 15% off deals (which is where I got mine).  Here's the link for the rebate form:  http://www.peetdryer.com/50th-anniversary-coupon.html

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #4347 on: Dec 21, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Milwaukee M18 2-pack of the 9ah batteries and a charger for $180.  Add to cart to see the price:
  https://www.internationaltool.com/shop/itc/en/USD/Power-Tools-and-Accessories/Power-Tool-Batteries/M18%E2%84%A2-REDLITHIUM%E2%84%A2-HIGH-DEMAND%E2%84%A2-9-0Ah-Battery-%282-Piece%29-and-Charger-Starter-Kit/p/MIA-48%2059%201890P!plus9200966

Thanks Rstock, just bought this.  I paid $180 last year for one, because I needed it that day.  Great buy!

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4348 on: Dec 21, 2018, 02:37 PM »
Milwaukee M18 2-pack of the 9ah batteries and a charger for $180.  Add to cart to see the price:
  https://www.internationaltool.com/shop/itc/en/USD/Power-Tools-and-Accessories/Power-Tool-Batteries/M18%E2%84%A2-REDLITHIUM%E2%84%A2-HIGH-DEMAND%E2%84%A2-9-0Ah-Battery-%282-Piece%29-and-Charger-Starter-Kit/p/MIA-48%2059%201890P!plus9200966
This is a great deal. Since I already have 2 chargers I ended up getting just the 9ah battery on the bay for $85.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4349 on: Dec 21, 2018, 03:05 PM »
If you're in the market for a sled, FleetFarm has the Otter Pro medium on sale for $99.99. I added a $1.50 jig to my order so the pre-tax total was over $100, selected "Pick up at store" so I could use the code PICKUPGIFTS for a free $20 gift card.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/p/web/offer-terms/pickupgiftspromo
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.