Author Topic: First time using the Eskimo 6120i hub shanty  (Read 572 times)

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
First time using the Eskimo 6120i hub shanty
« on: Feb 24, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Finally broke out the Eskimo 6120i hub shanty I purchased last summer to use for a 3-man excursion to a lake we've never fished.  Typically everyone fishes out 1-man flips but we figured we would give this thing a try so we could fish together and it would save space hauling everything.  Warned these guys that I hadn't even pulled it out of the box, but they said bring it anyway.  With all that said - we were all quite impressed with this shelter!  Setup and breakdown went very good - pretty easy, actually.  Quality of the shelter was very nice with lots of windows at a height you could easily see tip-ups and allowed for lots of light.  Closing the windows darkened the interior to allow for some sight-fishing - you could easily see jigs 15' down on this lake.  Zippers on the doors work very well and I like how Eskimo uses a protective fabric flap to help protect the zipper from collecting snow and icing up.  The anchor supports and wind straps are a good quality and work well - again, easy to use.  I set the anchors using the Otter tool in my Milwaukee impact.  Breakdown was easy for us and we were able to get everything back in the Eskimo tote bag without any problems, even with a moderately strong wind. 

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: First time using the Eskimo 6120i hub shanty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Always great when y’all are pleased with your purchase!
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.