Author Topic: Not pleased with Otter hub  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Deere4955

• IceShanty Rookie
Not pleased with Otter hub
« on: Feb 23, 2019, 09:30 PM »
So i bought an otter xth pro resort hub summer of 2018, when i got it i set it up to let the fabric stretch out good before winter. tore down and set up a few more times in the fall. This winter on my very 1st time on the ice the zippers malfunctioned and would not zip, they were out of alignment and ran off track. I managed to fix it on the ice, but the zippers are still not right on it. Well to add insult to injury i went out today set up fished all day and when we packed up i put my shanty in the bag and zipped it up and the bottom seam of the bag (the part with the plastic in it) blew right out  :(  my question is this how is otters warranty system ? i want to love this shanty so bad but had less issues with my eskimo quickfish 5i. i take meticulous care of this shack...set it up after fishing to let it dry its always stored in my house where there's heat is otter decent to deal with or do i cut my losses and go back to eskimo ?

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Not pleased with Otter hub
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2019, 11:52 PM »
I had a problem similar to yours with my Otter. Otter customer service was awesome. They sent me a new shelter plus a crazy warm Otter hoodie. Just give them a call. I love my shelter its great.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2019, 11:57 PM »
I still have no idea why the only company that uses a quality zipper is Eskimo.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2019, 02:24 AM »
I still have no idea why the only company that uses a quality zipper is Eskimo.

That's almost funny and true.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2019, 07:57 AM »
they've had zipper issues before not aligning. mostly in the curves like the inside section had to many teeth to line up with the outer section. pictures were posted here about it. seems like the entire season was bad for them and not just a fluke.

did they line up when warm and now that it's cold they no longer do?

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2019, 08:19 AM »
Their customer service is great and should replace it for you. I had zipper issues with my first XTH Resort, and they sent me a new one, which I sold, then bought the XTH Pro. A trick that I've learned, is to pull the pole closest to the zipper in a little bit when zipping the bottom zipper of the door. It alleviates the pressure a little bit so that it zips easily and doesn't strain the zipper at all. Keep us posted...

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2019, 08:04 PM »
If I had to fish from a hub shack, I would quit fishing altogether, get a weekend job and hunt really awesome places several times a year.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.