The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: White Perch  (Read 14928 times)

Offline Bob G.

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: White Perch
« Reply #90 on: Mar 18, 2022, 12:24 PM »
I stopped by Killkare on my way back from the rifle range. Seven vehicles there. The fog was so thick I couldn’t see anyone on the ice. The ramp ice is gone and the beach ice is about 5’ or 6’ from shore. Looks like you’ll need tall boots or planks. I’m glad I got a bucket for the freezer on Tuesday and dinner on Wednesday.

Saw 4 guys fishing at Hathaway boat ramp.

Be safe out there.

Offline Theshad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Mar 18, 2022, 02:00 PM »
Fished kilcare today. Had to plank on, shorelines are rough. Fished all over out there, did really well with yellows, including some real slabs. Caught a grand total of 1 white perch. Saw guys catching them with some frequency when the fog lifted enough to see, that is. Just couldn’t manage to get in them myself. Last time out for me I think, time to get the boat ready.

Offline Bob G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Mar 18, 2022, 02:54 PM »
Thursday 3/17/22:
Arrived at Hathaway at 2pm, fished until sunset. I can count on one hand how many days I have ice fished on a day and nice as this one. 60 degrees ice fishing a treat by anyone's standards. Finally got my Dad out there so he could experience the frenzy. We had a great evening with about 70 lbs of perch in the truck for the ride home. A bit on the slow side but steady to start until about 5pm and it was more active from then until dusk. Pink was the color of the day, and found spikes to be more effective than worms this day as well. Funny how they change their pallets from day to day.

HEADS UP: Shoreline on the point is rotted away on both sides. I would not recommend trying to access there. We broke through 10feet from shore getting off the ice. photo shows the shoreline as of Thursday night. Still 10-11" of ice out there but getting grey. A few people out there told me that the ramp is junk and the beach was the best option for access to the ice in that area.

Glad you and your dad had a good day.

Would be nice to meet up with some of you here for white perch fishing next year if the conditions are good.

Offline JRK22.250

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Mar 18, 2022, 04:12 PM »
Fished hathaways today got about 3 pails. They definitely weren't  hitting hard at all, just real light taps. I think after tomorrow's rain it will be toast

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Mar 20, 2022, 04:10 PM »
I drove by yesterday and was surprised to see 6 or so people out by the buoy, as the shore is shot.  Went for a drive today and from van everest to hathaway point it is done. lots of open water near the shore area and beyond . A short season for sure. Everyone have a good summer  :) 

Offline Bob G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Mar 20, 2022, 05:23 PM »
Saw no one at Killkare today and two guys fishing by the Hathaway boat ramp. I was surprised to see anyone on the ice at all today.

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #96 on: Apr 09, 2022, 02:53 PM »
By the time I heard about em it was a hit or miss bite and the shorelines were shot.. oh well I had a decent season on slab perch and walleye on carmi.
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.