Author Topic: What a bust!  (Read 665 times)

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
What a bust!
« on: Mar 06, 2024, 07:23 PM »
Hi all. Haven't been here for a while and thought I would see how ya'll did this very non-fishing year. I bought a new coop last year and it is still brand new. I got the Otter Vortex cabin square door. Maybe me buying it, cursed me to a season of bad, to no ice. I thought about hitting the ice a few times but then on the news they are showing footage of people going through the ice. Not worth it to me. What kind of tributes to the ice spirits do I have to make for there to be hard water for this coming winter. Hope the rest of ya had a good season.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: What a bust!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2024, 07:35 PM »
We had a good year in NE Wisconsin.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2024, 01:08 PM »
For years, never buy new fishing lures...lately for the past few years or so, been buying new lures...and not even really get to trying them out.  It's my curse too.  ;D
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline ryguy80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2024, 12:14 PM »
I have a Clam C-360 hub that I picked up on closeout of the 2021-22 ice season that has yet to see the ice. Only have opened it up to put a hub light in.

Going into next ice season, I'm not spending one dollar on anything. Famous last words.
YouTube - Wissota Fishing

Offline Catchnmore1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2024, 04:29 PM »
I also picked up a new pop up, a new flasher, a new brushless drill, new 8" auger, a sled to pull it all, and various jigs and lures. All bought in the last two tears, The stuff is still brand new.
Got out 2 times last year not once the year. I really miss good ice when I had a hand auger and a 5 gallon bucket to carry everything but got out a lot more.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.