The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: LAKE ONTELAUNEE EARLY ICE REPORT  (Read 943 times)

Offline LEN F

• Team IceShanty Regular
LAKE ONTELAUNEE EARLY ICE REPORT
« on: Dec 20, 2022, 12:46 PM »
Here is some info that I know alot of folks around here in SE Pa have been waiting for. As promised, I took to the road and went up to Lake Ontelaunee for an ice check. Walked up the access road to Peter's Creek and found some positive signs that this place will no doubt be the
first to get early ice. There was some ice around the edges and the water temperature was below 35 degrees. So get your stuff ready cause
it won't be long. Merry Christmas to all and be safe out there. As usual, you can view my full short but informative report on my YouTube channel here:
https://youtu.be/00jrVbgbEi8
I have the burning desire to go fishing although I know, that if I never catch another fish, that I have caught enough fish!

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE ONTELAUNEE EARLY ICE REPORT
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2022, 05:24 PM »
Thanks for the report. Guys will be out there on 2" of ice.  :cookoo:

Offline deadcold

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2022, 06:15 PM »
Thanks Len. Unfortunately  the Capt. Is right. I have waited through a brutally hot summer in anticipation of the hard water season. I can wait a little longer

Offline stormtrooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2022, 07:04 PM »
While everyone is excited to get on some ice this year people need to get real. I see a lot of posts asking about conditions on lakes. Nothing is going to survive the rain coming this week. It’s a fresh start from there. Poconos will most likely get some snow on top of very little ice if any. In the southeast it’s going to be a fresh start after the rain and we’ll be hard pressed to get in peters creek by next weekend. The poconos may have ice to fish on by late next week or next weekend.

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2022, 08:54 PM »
ALL SMALL PONDS LOCKED UP IN LUZERNE CO. NO SNOW ON TOP THE RAIN SHOULDNT HURT WITH THE SINGLE DIGITS TO FOLLOW.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.