Author Topic: Marcum users  (Read 899 times)

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marcum users
« on: Jan 05, 2008, 04:28 AM »
I am looking at maybe getting a Marcum flasher and I know the differences in them but I have a quick question.  I want either a VX1 or a LX3.  I only fish Harding maybe a handful of times a year so I mainly fish Birch and an occasional trip to Quartz.  Since I mainly fish 20' or less do I really need the added features and power of the LX3?  Any input would be appreciated.
Travis

PWR BAIT

Re: Marcum users
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2008, 04:50 AM »
These are both good units I have a lx-5 because I fish various water depths.Depending on how much you want to spend either unit is a good choice  :thumbsup:they both catch :icefish:

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2008, 10:13 AM »
I have an LX-3 before the true colors and no upgrade, and I usually fish 20' or less and I really like adjusting the zoom window for suspended fish, just my opinion.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2008, 05:41 PM »
I have had mine for two seasons and don't have a bad word to say about it, not sure what model it is and I am too lazy to go look but its an LX something, not a 5 but a lesser model.  I fish Harding a lot and it works well there as I have watched many bright red blips come off of the bottom and check out my lure and then go back down so I think a Marcum is a good choice.  :tipup:
Bob

Offline bmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then Catchem
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Check out lX-2 it has 5 and 10 ft bottom zoom. very similar to lx3 little cheaper

Offline 3beagles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2008, 06:43 PM »
I just bought an LX-3tc and I can NOT believe I used to fish without a flasher unit.  I can't tell you anything about any other units (I am sure they are probably good), but I absolutely love my LX-3!  I makes fishing infinitely more fun and productive with a lot less "down time."  Since I have owned it (less than 2 weeks) I have caught different species of fish that I have never caught before in my life (and I am 58) and I have caught fish that I never would have known were around if I didn't have my Marcum.  I have heard a lot of guys on here say that they wouldn't go fishing without their flasher (which ever brand), and now I can say the same thing.  By all means, buy something and do it now.  You will not be sorry!
Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.