The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hole hopping Shuttle/caddy ideas  (Read 979 times)

Offline Guddefam

• IceShanty Rookie
Hole hopping Shuttle/caddy ideas
« on: Jan 25, 2023, 01:32 PM »
Hey guys so I’m still pretty new to ice fishing, and I’m trying to get some ideas on DIY shuttles and caddy’s. I’ve found a few online, but a lot of them are pretty extravagant, or expensive to build. What have you guys built, for flasher/camera shuttles/caddy’s?
Does anybody have anything that accommodates both a flasher and an underwater camera?
I also do not sit still well, so some ideas for hole hopping would be good.

Offline DaddyBigFins

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hole hopping Shuttle/caddy ideas
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2023, 02:41 PM »
I built one for a Helix 5 that I use on my Lund, my kayak and canoe, and I use it for the GPS on the ice. Had to buy 3 different power cords, an extra transducer, and an ice transducer to do all the above. I used a wide, trex decking fascia board (waterproof) and cut it into a circle that fits into the bottom of a five gallon bucket. Then I used a woodworking router to make recesses for a battery and the ice transducer to sit down into and 1/2” webbing with buckle to secure the battery.
I mounted a RAM 1” ball mount on it with the long riser to hold the Helix unit. The bucket with an aftermarket lid protects it better than a soft shuttle but I pull it out and mount it to my four wheeler rack with a U bolt whenever I need GPS, and the ice ducer reaches about 7’ away from the four wheeler if I’m running around, drilling holes to check depths.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2023, 07:49 PM »
Bolted it together at first

Had a buddy finish weld everything
Added a rod holder and transducer cup for the final product

Built as a spare and fell in love with it so it's my primary setup now

Offline DaddyBigFins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2023, 08:45 PM »

I did space the base 1/2” off the bottom of the bucket so it wouldn’t get frozen in.

The other pic it’s bolted to my wheeler. You can spin or tilt the head 360 degrees in seconds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.