Author Topic: What's new for 2020/2021?  (Read 49356 times)

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: What's new for 2020/2021?
« Reply #270 on: Nov 04, 2020, 09:55 AM »
I just put my new Picsfun ICX inline reel on my rod and it looks good. If you want to fish ultra light this is the way to go.
I only have one complaint about the design of the reel. The free fall lever is in a poor position. The line is almost touching it when it enters the reel making it hard to grab the lever without also grabbing the line. The lever could be more off set to the side of the reel.This will be a problem if you fish with gloves on. A rod with a very high stripper guide might solve this problem.
If you look a swinekicker's last photo you can see what I'm talking about.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #271 on: Nov 04, 2020, 11:23 AM »
Looks like 13 fishing has a bigger version of the freefall this year for gamefish
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/13-fishing-black-betty-freefall-xl-inline-ice-fishing-reel?a=2230951

I also notice the pflueger inline reels don't have a trigger for free spooling, looks like they have a button similar to the old frabill 371s. Not sure how I feel about that. I was going to buy one, but the trigger was a nice upgrade from that push button on the 371s.
Da Pack!

Offline Swinekicker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #272 on: Nov 04, 2020, 12:13 PM »
I did see that the pfluegers were ambidextrous though! Look at how everything is lined up on center so you don't have to worry about buying "left hand" or "right hand" anymore. Overall, I don't think that they look overly impressive and I probably won't buy one, but I thought that was pretty cool.

Offline IceSavage

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #273 on: Nov 04, 2020, 11:01 PM »
Any one know the line capacity for any amount of pound test for the 13 Fishing Black Betty FreeFall XL Inline Ice Fishing Reel? Most websites do not show line capacity for a majority of the in line reels under specifications?
ICE FISHING..........  ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE.
CO Native. C&R Esox Lucius

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #275 on: Nov 05, 2020, 06:28 PM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #278 on: Nov 06, 2020, 04:44 PM »
Cablelas Eze Drill

Offline CO_Dinky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin' Lips
« Reply #279 on: Nov 07, 2020, 12:34 AM »
I just posted a thorough teardown of the Piscifun ICX inline reel HERE:thumbsup:

Seems to be a decent reel for the money, but pretty small.
Tight lines!

Offline CO_Dinky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin' Lips
« Reply #280 on: Nov 07, 2020, 12:57 AM »
Some cosmetic changes and new size offerings ..$179.00 for BIBS AND JACKET

https://icerunnerhouses.com/float-suit/

I took a chance and ordered one of these float suits.  At HALF price (or less) of the big name brands, it's worth a shot.  Seems pretty comparable to the Clam IceArmor Rise suit, possibly better materials.
Please do a quick "open box review" upon arrival ...if you could also how it shipped ..UPS FedEx etc and speed/arrival time would be nice .  Although I dont need a suit it seems like a very nice cost effective alternative.
I'll try to remember.  They aren't due to ship until middle of next month.  I bet they ship UPS ground, considering shipping was free.
Great ..an on ice review would be great as well ..how well zippers ..Velcro ..pocket layout and overall functionality . I would defiantly steer guy this way with a little more input of ice anglers.  Pictures too ..as the web site and YouTube probably dont do the pocket layout justice .

Got an email yesterday about the Icerunner float suits, saying they are expected in port on Nov. 15, but that things have been slow going at the port, and they don't expect to be shipping them out of their warehouse until appx. Nov. 30.

That's about a 2-week delay. :(
Tight lines!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #281 on: Nov 07, 2020, 06:40 AM »
Got an email yesterday about the Icerunner float suits, saying they are expected in port on Nov. 15, but that things have been slow going at the port, and they don't expect to be shipping them out of their warehouse until appx. Nov. 30.

That's about a 2-week delay. :(

Oh the crazy times with live in ... :blink:

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #282 on: Nov 15, 2020, 03:24 AM »
Impulsively brought home an Eskimo 250XD.  Still in the box...
For more information read my MN nice journal

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #283 on: Nov 16, 2020, 08:52 AM »
Looks like Aqua Vu will have a new Quad camera ..not sure if its an add on or complete camera system..also a new light for underwater ...and a New Recording device ...hopfully it will retrofit to all their systems . Sorry no links or pictures and not yet available for pre order ..just a heads up .. Possibility to be here mid December.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #284 on: Nov 16, 2020, 09:41 AM »
Carefull, 90% of the old ones leaked.

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Catchin' Fish

Offline Maineguy93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #287 on: Nov 23, 2020, 12:56 PM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #288 on: Dec 14, 2020, 08:53 AM »
Product videos on on the Smackdown Outdoors YouTube channel from the FB and Pod Cast will be premiering all throughout the day

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #289 on: Dec 21, 2020, 11:11 AM »
Clam plate with power drive ..first video I have seen ..its slower for sure

&feature=youtu.be

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #290 on: Dec 26, 2020, 04:34 PM »
Looks to be a Canadian Tire option ...similar to eith a HT item or a Nordic Ice item

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #291 on: Jan 10, 2021, 08:13 AM »
Clam Gear Box in action

Offline Rowdie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Old Wrestling Coach
« Reply #292 on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:47 AM »
Looks to be a Canadian Tire option ...similar to eith a HT item or a Nordic Ice item

I searched and found one for $179 plus &18 shipping.   The reviews look good!  I like how it attaches to the drill.  I'm debating weather to get a auger for a drill, or just getting a battery auger.   I'm not sure I wouldn't need a new drill eventually.  Probably burn mine up.  My problem is blades can go dull fast on sandy ice, which we have some years.  This is one of those years as the water levels are low, and no snow cover allows wind to blow a lot of dirt from the exposed shore lines. 
"Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy"  Dan Gable

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #293 on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:56 AM »
I searched and found one for $179 plus &18 shipping.   The reviews look good!  I like how it attaches to the drill.  I'm debating weather to get a auger for a drill, or just getting a battery auger.   I'm not sure I wouldn't need a new drill eventually.  Probably burn mine up.  My problem is blades can go dull fast on sandy ice, which we have some years.  This is one of those years as the water levels are low, and no snow cover allows wind to blow a lot of dirt from the exposed shore lines.

K-Drill/chipper style blades tend to do better with "dirty ice" ...Mora/shaver blades do ok in dirty ice and in general are cheaper so having a spare set at the ready is good insurance (these can also be sharpened by hand with a lil practice/skill set ) ...Lazer/curved blades do not like dirty ice at all ..The two augers in the video I believe have Mora/shaver blades

Offline Rowdie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Old Wrestling Coach
« Reply #294 on: Jan 10, 2021, 11:39 AM »
I have an Eskimo 8" gas auger I bought new in 97.  I've had to replace the blades 2 or three times, and had to take it to a repair shop once to replace a part in the auger.  The thing is about gas, once the dull a bit you just have to put a little weight on it.  It's still drilling holes fine, but this year may dull the blades bad.  It's still cutting, but I'm getting old and lazy and would like a much lighter option.   I hate dealing with gas also. 

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #295 on: Jan 10, 2021, 12:15 PM »
I have an Eskimo 8" gas auger I bought new in 97.  I've had to replace the blades 2 or three times, and had to take it to a repair shop once to replace a part in the auger.  The thing is about gas, once the dull a bit you just have to put a little weight on it.  It's still drilling holes fine, but this year may dull the blades bad.  It's still cutting, but I'm getting old and lazy and would like a much lighter option.   I hate dealing with gas also. 

I run a Mil 2704/Clam plate/ 7.5 K-Drill ..works for me ..I am eventually going to swap out the K-Drill for an 8" HT E-Drill..once I find my Clam extension

Offline Rowdie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Old Wrestling Coach
« Reply #296 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:40 PM »

This is my exact drill, glad I found a video of someone using a cheaper drill. 

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #297 on: Jan 10, 2021, 05:28 PM »
Didn't catch what Ah the battery was. Looked like a 2 or 4 ah. Not bad with 19" of ice.
<===Lefty===

Offline Rowdie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Old Wrestling Coach
« Reply #298 on: Jan 10, 2021, 05:57 PM »
I have an older drill but a new 20V battery.  I may get that E drill with the neat handle & connection to drill.    Or go with Kdrill.  IDK

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #299 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:05 AM »
I have an older drill but a new 20V battery.  I may get that E drill with the neat handle & connection to drill.    Or go with Kdrill.  IDK
Better not get the K-drill to use with that drill. It wont work out for you. Also he is using a 6" auger. I wouldn't think it would work with anything larger. I looked it up and that drill comes with 2.5 AH batteries. They wont turn the K-drill or larger bit.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.