Author Topic: Ht ice master gold tip ups  (Read 1369 times)

Offline icefishingct98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bring on the ice!
Ht ice master gold tip ups
« on: Jan 19, 2013, 07:17 PM »
How are these tip ups?
I live for pike,bass,crappie,pickerel, and anything thats big and swims! Can't go jigging without my vex!

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ht ice master gold tip ups
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2013, 11:23 AM »
there good tip up if you do not want a good set to get stolen on the ice by theif's or if you are on a budget.
tyhey are really good for a quality tip up but i do prefer the ht thermal better... they only hold about 25 yards of 45# dacron  but that is fairly thick stuff the ones i do like best are the frabil and bever dam rails style the soild wood ones. i also like the beaver dam round they look to be better yet have not tried them thought . any way i would get a thremal it save you from buying the hole coves for 5 -10 buck each then have them blow away with your tip up. when the ice is slick and smooth.  any ways best of luck hope it all works out for you.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2013, 11:40 AM »
I have some of them. They are okay. They will get the job done for you assuming you aren't dealing with super cold weather and frozen holes. The shafts bend easily and the plastic frame will crack if you step on it or try to kick it loose in a frozen hole. I use them for crappie, and they work just fine for that. Not sure if they would be the best choice if you are targeting large fish.. but they get the job done for me. I also have a couple HT polar ones and they are better quality. Metal parts instead of plastic on the shaft, and the spring is a little less stiff so the flag will blow a bit in the wind. A little easier to see and they trip a little easier.

EYECONICFISHING

Offline icefishingct98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bring on the ice!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2013, 01:43 PM »
i might pay extra and get the polars. Just like that style and they looked nice
I live for pike,bass,crappie,pickerel, and anything thats big and swims! Can't go jigging without my vex!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2013, 07:08 PM »
I use them and they are my go-to tipups when there is little or no snow. First couple of walters for the season hit the ice Saturday night, caught on them. I bought 18 of them four years ago thinking they would break and I would need replacements, still using the first six. They do have more plastic than the polars, I had a set of those as well but gave them away because there were more moving parts which are a pain when it's cold. It isn't cold enough around here to worry about the trap freezing in the ice, I live 15 miles from you and fish many of the same lakes. From a value perspective I look at it that you can buy two for the price of one polar, if one breaks as things are want to do in the cold, no big deal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.