New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: otisco lake bs thread  (Read 179837 times)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: otisco lake bs thread
« Reply #1650 on: Feb 21, 2021, 03:32 PM »
Well I got boost off here so guess can't post on here
You just did 😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1651 on: Feb 21, 2021, 03:34 PM »
bait i think they want you to  use the  bait  shop thread to tell us  about your  bait shop ....pleaase  do so and  leave your  address and phone  number on it so we can find you ...... this is a  good thing  for those fish othisco as  we have no  close  bait  shops   will be nice  during trout season too with 9 mile  right there  ....we all  answer questions  about where to get bait  around  onieda lake  of black lake  ...please let the man  say  where the shop is  so people  arn't driving all the way to north  syracuse  for a some  spikes

roy  can you post the link here again  to the  bait  store list  thank you  sir

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1652 on: Feb 21, 2021, 03:36 PM »

You can put your shop on the bait shop list or you can become sponsor and post what you wish

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1653 on: Feb 21, 2021, 03:42 PM »
ithink this is how i do it ....

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=154985.0

bait  hit this link and you can post about your bait  shop  please  post address and phone  number buddy....... 

Offline Badbait22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1654 on: Feb 21, 2021, 04:04 PM »
I will try to here later I no it's not Ben easy to get this going for me word of mouth is just not enough  when u are sit on lost of fish lol

Offline Badbait22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1655 on: Feb 21, 2021, 04:34 PM »
Thanks trapper I did it let's see if it stays on there

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1656 on: Feb 22, 2021, 05:21 AM »
I'll b on it saterday I'll fish a few hours on lake with Mike then I'll head over that way..Al thank you for the auger amigo
So how did that go for you?

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1657 on: Feb 22, 2021, 05:54 AM »
Went cayuga instead got some perch  the pickerel are moving in where I been fishing and perch r getting bigger to much snow on otisco

Offline IRISH56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1658 on: Feb 22, 2021, 08:14 AM »
Went cayuga instead got some perch  the pickerel are moving in where I been fishing and perch r getting bigger to much snow on otisco

How much snow is on Otisco big_guy??  Was thinking about going over and chasing the record one more time.  Had a few buddies on Cayuga this weekend said it was getting better.

Thanks.

DAN

Offline Badbait22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1659 on: Feb 22, 2021, 05:03 PM »
I went Saturday to otisco did good got some jumbo perch and some short  tigers walking was tuff 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1660 on: Feb 22, 2021, 06:33 PM »
theres some nice perch in the main lake

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1661 on: Feb 23, 2021, 08:31 AM »
Yup there but babbling about it that lake will be wiped out to

Offline Badbait22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1662 on: Feb 23, 2021, 11:28 AM »
Shhhhhhh sorry but that lake has a ton of big fish in it and everyone all ready nose

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1663 on: Feb 23, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Yea there's alot a tigers in there that are big.thats about all the eyes aren't even like they used to be in there either.lots of other fish are stunted .my opinion is let them put a limit on fish as in panfish that's fine but leave the length alone that's a small lake fish will deplete quick out of there tigers take them all .the thing that's saving that lake is that there isnt a whole lot a shore places to fish .there's enough though.look at cayuga lake its huge well big.the perch got pounded so hard the last 3 yrs it wasnt funny.when u go to a spot and the shoreline is elbow to elbow and everyone is limiting out on big perch what happens you end up with all small fish for a few yrs.50 guys in one spot last yr on cayuga all limited out with big perch then you have the boats in the chanel chasing the schools of perch for 4 4 months and limiting out that will happen here at otisco to in time.take the crappie for instance 3 yrs ago they got pounded super hard for about 3 weeks a few times 40 guys all had limits of slabs on the ice that will wipe them out and yes I got a limit back then also.you take and put 1000 crappies on the ice in a day for a few weeks .guess what its gonna be a few yrs before the small ones get big again.but there's thousands of gills in there

Offline Badbait22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1664 on: Feb 23, 2021, 03:44 PM »
Yea there's alot a tigers in there that are big.thats about all the eyes aren't even like they used to be in there either.lots of other fish are stunted .my opinion is let them put a limit on fish as in panfish that's fine but leave the length alone that's a small lake fish will deplete quick out of there tigers take them all .the thing that's saving that lake is that there isnt a whole lot a shore places to fish .there's enough though.look at cayuga lake its huge well big.the perch got pounded so hard the last 3 yrs it wasnt funny.when u go to a spot and the shoreline is elbow to elbow and everyone is limiting out on big perch what happens you end up with all small fish for a few yrs.50 guys in one spot last yr on cayuga all limited out with big perch then you have the boats in the chanel chasing the schools of perch for 4 4 months and limiting out that will happen here at otisco to in time.take the crappie for instance 3 yrs ago they got pounded super hard for about 3 weeks a few times 40 guys all had limits of slabs on the ice that will wipe them out and yes I got a limit back then also.you take and put 1000 crappies on the ice in a day for a few weeks .guess what its gonna be a few yrs before the small ones get big again.but there's thousands of gills in there
.      O I get what u are saying but that's where people need to stop keeping them keep a few and fish for fun but them back I may eat only 12 a year I'm the only one in my family that will it fish I don't keep any more then I eat and I mostly go to have fun fish and get out of the house

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1665 on: Feb 23, 2021, 04:21 PM »
There's nothing wrong with keeping a limit of fish.its the guys that go 3 times a day and get a limit.for some reason perch was big on the market the last few yrs.nothing wrong with selling them either just sell your limit once a day not 3 times a day.ive seen a ton a ppl from Rochester and further away fishing around here locally because they depleted the fish in other areas so now they come to our local lakes and poach. Last yr on the river near me a bunch a guys got busted for over limit of crappies and under size 11 different guys to be exact you will never stop poachers

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1666 on: Feb 23, 2021, 04:39 PM »
I have noticed a huge increase in baitfish though ice and open water.last yr on the river I threw my cast not for sawbellys for catfish I had so many I couldnt hardly pull my net in it was almost full of them .

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1667 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:23 PM »
EAT FISH LIVE LONGER

Offline dh2028

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1668 on: Mar 03, 2021, 06:56 AM »
Any results from Derby?
Wishing I was Fishing

Offline walter_rev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1669 on: Mar 04, 2021, 06:42 AM »
I would like to bring a four wheeler. Ive had hip replacements and can walk a little ways.Is there a place to park a trailer on Otisco ,would like to fish for perch and never been there any help would be a great help. North end South end ? Thanks for any help

Offline Tigerwoodsmuskie2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1670 on: Mar 04, 2021, 07:00 AM »

Any results from Derby?
43"  18 lbs 3 oz , swept 700. Nice fish

Offline icefishermanny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1671 on: Mar 04, 2021, 07:30 AM »
Didn’t even know their was a derby out there
icefisherman

Offline Tuukka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1672 on: Mar 04, 2021, 12:50 PM »
...No Doubt, didnt think Debys were allowed with THE VID rearing its ugly head..i would of gotten a few guys to donate to the cause.....any more Derbys this year or is it all on the HUSH HUSH............

...."Nothing shakin' on shakedown st.
                                                                                           use to be the heart of town
                                                                                           Dont tell me this town aint go no heart
                                                                                           you just got to POKE AROUND."...................... ..
                                                                                                                        j.garcia R.I.P

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1673 on: Mar 04, 2021, 01:19 PM »
Yup the derbies must be a big secret.  :nono: :nono:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1674 on: Mar 04, 2021, 02:00 PM »
big AL  and i had put on a derby ...everyone  beat  poor big guy

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1675 on: Mar 04, 2021, 02:35 PM »

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1676 on: Mar 04, 2021, 02:37 PM »
I have noticed a huge increase in baitfish though ice and open water.last yr on the river I threw my cast not for sawbellys for catfish I had so many I couldnt hardly pull my net in it was almost full of them .
are you using the bait for fishing in Otisco I didn’t know there were cats in there

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1677 on: Mar 04, 2021, 04:05 PM »
big AL  and i had put on a derby ...everyone  beat  poor big guy
  :whistle: :whistle:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1678 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:06 PM »
welli have  to  give credit  ,big  guy was unfiretoday taking a limit  of  really big bluegills....hi fly  seemed to be  the ticket and he went to work ....great job big guy

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1679 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:19 PM »
welli have  to  give credit  ,big  guy was unfiretoday taking a limit  of  really big bluegills....hi fly  seemed to be  the ticket and he went to work ....great job big guy

You sure cause unless I saw it with my own eyes sounds like a tall tale to me lol
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.