Author Topic: Accessibility  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Stump17

• IceShanty Rookie
Accessibility
« on: Jan 22, 2020, 09:39 PM »
Has anyone fished these bodies of water? If so, what is there for parking and accessibility to the ice?

Gould Pond
Gustin Pond
Kezar Lake
Forest Lake
Laurel Lake
Little Sunapee Lake

Thanks

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
Re: Accessibility
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2020, 10:42 PM »
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline five fathoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2020, 10:52 PM »
I suppose you're targeting trout.
The one time I fished Kezar, I parked on the east end of the lake at a dirt lot. Fits more than a few vehicles.
The one time I ice-fished Laurel Lake, I took advantage of roadside parking on the east side of the lake, near the boat ramp. Limited space, get there early.
When I fished Little Sunapee, I used the public access by the west end of the west basin. Little Sunapee Rd. That is an outflow of the lake, so the rocky shallows, combined with current,  can weaken the ice there.
The state provides bathymetry maps, together with access points, restrictions, and known fish species. This is readily available info you may wish to avail yourself of. Also, satellite maps are your friend. 

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2020, 03:23 AM »
X2 on the NH charts. All but one of those are practically in my back yard, but I don't frequent them

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2020, 04:21 AM »
Gustin has roadside parking for a few vehicles, tiny pond but there’s some nice browns and Brookies in there

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2020, 04:43 AM »
Kezar parking is a challenge on weekends.

Be careful by the inlet on left. Ice is bad there. Best to drill test holes as you venture out to be safe.
Back side of island toward outlet has some bad ice

Vernondale General store has good food, snacks, etc.

Fishing has been ok. Rainbows have been up shallow and yellow perch a bit small but plenty to go around.

Offline Stump17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Thanks y’all. Yes targeting trout. Visit those maps often on NHFG, google maps and navonics. Parking isn’t always that detailed. Good luck out there.

Offline bassboat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2020, 10:28 PM »
I've been on Gould a couple of times this season. Parking is OK (strung out on ramp road), and ice access is good. Mind the stream inlet to your left. We (and nobody that we spoke with) had done well there, so far this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.