Author Topic: Tuned Up Custom Rods - Colors  (Read 1650 times)

Offline jeffro9

• IceShanty Rookie
Tuned Up Custom Rods - Colors
« on: Oct 21, 2021, 02:26 PM »
Hey guys I am looking at ordering a Tuned up Customs Rod.
I am having a hard time deciding on which colors to choose.

Looking for some pics of what combos you guys have done.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tuned Up Custom Rods - Colors
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2021, 03:04 PM »
I got a bullwhip, but I think all the rods are the same matte black or white. I went with black wrap and yellow trim, to match yellow painted tip. Thought that was going to be kind of boring, so I spiced it up by ordering neon yellow trim and metallic black for the main wraps. The "metal" in the metallic black wrap is subtle, but looks good in my opinion. I realize the yellow trim might be what they consider the stock color on a bullwhip, but I did a custom order to get the length/handle combo I wanted mostly, didn't think too much about the color.

I can't find it now, but there was a webpage where you could mix and match the rod, main wrap, and trim colors with a drop down menu and it would show how they look together. I used that a lot when I ordered a DH rod earlier this year.

Offline crappeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2021, 09:19 PM »

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2021, 03:41 PM »
I always go with the standard colors, in case I want to sell at some point.

The TUCRs look pretty good in the standard colors. Unless you have a desire for a specific color configuration.....

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2021, 05:18 AM »
Get your favorite sports team's colors. I got my buddy Twins colors and it looked great. I always get dark green and silver. No sports team, just colors I like.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2021, 10:29 AM »
I hear Perch and Walleye prefer Pink. :P
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline BreweryBuilder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2021, 08:31 AM »
I did purple 9600 for the main and burgundy 9640 for the trim because I thought they would look cool together. They used so little trim thread you don't even see the burgundy. Not to mention the rest of the build was pretty poor. The but cap (I think that is what it is called) cork wasn't flush with the rest of the cork. There was a visible ridge between them as well as glue showing all over the place where the two rings of cork were put together. There were other issues with the build I will not go into. I just picked it up a couple months ago so I haven't used it yet. Hope it works better than it looks.

Pretty disappointed for what I always hear about their rods.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2021, 08:36 AM »
Lots of better options out there...

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2021, 02:27 AM »
Lots of better options out there...

Examples?

WINTER IS COMING!

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2021, 02:28 AM »
I would match it up to the color of the reel you plan on using, or go with a silver/black since most reels are those colors.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2021, 12:48 PM »
I did purple 9600 for the main and burgundy 9640 for the trim because I thought they would look cool together. They used so little trim thread you don't even see the burgundy. Not to mention the rest of the build was pretty poor. The but cap (I think that is what it is called) cork wasn't flush with the rest of the cork. There was a visible ridge between them as well as glue showing all over the place where the two rings of cork were put together. There were other issues with the build I will not go into. I just picked it up a couple months ago so I haven't used it yet. Hope it works better than it looks.

Pretty disappointed for what I always hear about their rods.

Have you contacted them about it? All I run is TUCR and the few minor issues I have had were taken care of promptly and they stood behind their work.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2021, 03:57 PM »
Quote from: 2069135
That would be great Chris. I have looked all over for pics of differnt colour combos but have not been very sucessfull. I wish TUCR’s had a gallery of high quality pics, it would make ordering custom much easier as I am in canada and am ordering blind as there are no suppliers near me. I am planning on the percison rod and paring it with a Pfluger supre xt, so trying to match the colours as close as I can but its hard from a crappy low quality picture of the wrap colours.

Sulky Holoshimmer Metalic - Light Copper
https://sulky.com/holoshimmer-metallic-thread-lt-copper-250-yd-spool?_ga=2.241099587.132894726.1635195028-59146364.1635195028

The gray is easy to match... just use one of the color's you can find here
https://mudhole.com/collections/nylon-thread
TUCR should have them all - if they wont do the colors you want, hit me up

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.