The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Snow Dog  (Read 1287 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Snow Dog
« on: Oct 12, 2021, 11:02 AM »
anyone here have the Snow Dog?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline tacklebox07

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Snow Dog
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2021, 01:23 PM »
just bought a std with reverse. It's being set up now for end of Oct delivery. At 80 it's too hard to walk the mile or so to my fishing area pulling a sled. Not fast but sure beats walking.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2021, 02:40 PM »
just bought a std with reverse. It's being set up now for end of Oct delivery. At 80 it's too hard to walk the mile or so to my fishing area pulling a sled. Not fast but sure beats walking.
same reason I'm thinking about it. did you go to the retailer to order it?

Offline tacklebox07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2021, 07:31 AM »
Yes, I ordered it from retail dealer. He has 16 on order for customers. Should save my legs and back.!

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2021, 06:54 PM »
I am waiting for an electric one, one of the reps at a show told me they are working on one.

Offline A. Moss Bunker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2021, 08:31 PM »
Check out Yvon Martel's multi-purpose electric locomotive.  It is all electric. 
The charm of fishing is that it
is the pursuit of what is elusive
but attainable, a perpetual series
of occasions for hope.  - John Buchan -

Offline A. Moss Bunker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2021, 08:38 PM »
The charm of fishing is that it
is the pursuit of what is elusive
but attainable, a perpetual series
of occasions for hope.  - John Buchan -

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2021, 09:15 PM »
I have seen that, but I am looking for one the quarter the size and price. I don't need the capacity or speed. I think there is a real market for a small unit that goes around walking speed, that would just pull your sled and fit in the trunk of a car. No permit, range 3-4 miles. If I had the time I would build one... something closer to this;

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #9 on: Oct 21, 2021, 06:57 AM »
I have seen that, but I am looking for one the quarter the size and price. I don't need the capacity or speed. I think there is a real market for a small unit that goes around walking speed, that would just pull your sled and fit in the trunk of a car. No permit, range 3-4 miles. If I had the time I would build one... something closer to this;
(Image removed from quote.)
not in the market but i would be with Alan, smaller foot print and just simple functionality would be fine..i would prefer being able to lift into trunk then be able to hit 15mph...my only concern would be, smaller usually means lighter and lighter weight may not her get traction in some conditions...i would imagine batteries capable of a 3-4 mile range pulling that kind of load would be heavy any how

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 21, 2021, 08:42 PM »

that's awesome, but I would feel more comfortable with one with double the range, just as a precaution

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 21, 2021, 10:59 PM »
that's awesome, but I would feel more comfortable with one with double the range, just as a precaution

I would not mind more range, but there are only a few bodies of water in New England that you would need more than a few miles... But more is better.

Offline jigabob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2021, 04:54 PM »
I bet with a few modifications and a little time one could be made for a fraction of the price.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2021, 05:35 PM »
I bet with a few modifications and a little time one could be made for a fraction of the price.

I bet if you just take the front auger part off it would be a mint machine to tow ice gear out with I Have a homemade one made out of an old snowmobile
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #14 on: Oct 26, 2021, 07:39 PM »
Looking for Electric, thank you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.