Author Topic: Eagle Lake Saskatchewan 2019  (Read 1758 times)

Offline flag-man

• IceShanty Rookie
Eagle Lake Saskatchewan 2019
« on: Dec 08, 2019, 04:30 PM »
I am looking for information on this lake, Ie: entry point, fish population. I know there was a healthy perch population a few years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's hard to shake hands with closed fists.

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eagle Lake Saskatchewan 2019
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2019, 07:31 PM »
have heard that it winterkilled, have not been there to confirm

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Last fished it myself 3 years ago and caught a mess of stunted perch with the odd 9-10” mixed in. Used to be full of jumbos and could catch lots of 1lb plus every time out.

Also, there were pike being caught in the lake the last couple years before the rumoured winter kill. It’s a relatively shallow lake and not very big.

It was stocked with 200,000 walleye fry in 2016 and 100,000 walleye fry in 2019. So I expect better days ahead in the next couple of years.

There’s two access points, North and South side. I use the south side in the winter because it is a very steep incline on the north. You can find it on google maps pretty easy. If you do get the chance to head out there, I’m interested to hear how you make out.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2019, 11:32 PM »
This lake had two winterkills in three yearseven plus an algae bloom that killed more fish. very few fish left give it a rest for a couple years
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.