New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: The King  (Read 16456 times)

Offline MSicefisher17

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: The King
« Reply #120 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Thanks a lot for the update Ice Wanderer!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: Who fished the King today?
« Reply #121 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:38 PM »

I guess the word is out, we fished Harris Bay yesterday there were only about 40 people there, I didn't fish today but my son did & he said it was pretty crowded. Fishing wasn't that good today, I hope this warm up & rain doesn't ruin the ice we have.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #122 on: Jan 22, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Thanks for the updater Wanderer.

Offline Gonetotheshanty

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake george
« Reply #123 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:36 PM »
Will be fishin lg tomorrow can't wait !!

Offline badger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Jan 23, 2012, 02:19 PM »
harris was definetly full yesterday, not the hottest perch bite but fair. probably caught about 12 large mouth bass.  i decided to stay out late and see what the bit would be like at dark,  so at about 630 i hit a pig perch that measured just over 13". the only fish that bit after dark. i made the long walk back off the ice at 730. it was such a beautiful night.  when i returned home i found out that the warren county sheriffs had called my parents house to see if they had heared from me cause my car was there and they couldn't see me. they informed them that they were going to send a search party out if my car didn't move soon.
this situation makes me feel very safe knowing they are watching over us, but also puts me in a weird position. i would hate to be the guy that they sent several people out looking for while im cozy in my shanty doing a night fish.  what should a person do, it makes me not want to fish at night now. is there a time limit to fishing on lake george? again i appreciate that  they were there lookin out but i was fine.  my thought is to put my cell number on a card in the window of my car so that anyone with a concern can call, problem is the cold weather kills my battery life.
they watch that spot very closely i  have talked to many deputes there always looking for conditions and almost caught my father-in-law using his truck tire as a urinal lol

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #125 on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:00 PM »
          I went to Huddle Bay today & the bay took a big hit on Friday, the wind must be out of the NE because the ice looked broke about 75 yrds from the town dock. The ice eater on the dock to the right of town dock is starting to eat ice out toward the left, & if this rain coming in is a little heavy it will take a toll.Here are some pics.

[IMG]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/ADKSPORTSMAN/huddlebay003.jpg[/IM
G]

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #126 on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:03 PM »
harris was definetly full yesterday, not the hottest perch bite but fair. probably caught about 12 large mouth bass.  i decided to stay out late and see what the bit would be like at dark,  so at about 630 i hit a pig perch that measured just over 13". the only fish that bit after dark. i made the long walk back off the ice at 730. it was such a beautiful night.  when i returned home i found out that the warren county sheriffs had called my parents house to see if they had heared from me cause my car was there and they couldn't see me. they informed them that they were going to send a search party out if my car didn't move soon.
this situation makes me feel very safe knowing they are watching over us, but also puts me in a weird position. i would hate to be the guy that they sent several people out looking for while im cozy in my shanty doing a night fish.  what should a person do, it makes me not want to fish at night now. is there a time limit to fishing on lake george? again i appreciate that  they were there lookin out but i was fine.  my thought is to put my cell number on a card in the window of my car so that anyone with a concern can call, problem is the cold weather kills my battery life.
I think your idea of leaving a brief note and cell number is a good idea.  However, I know what you mean.  I too have enjoyed some quiet nights under the stars while getting out of the deer woods.  As far as the Perch bite goes, I've never had much luck after dark thirty.  I've gotten so that I can usually tell when things have shut down by looking at the Vex.  Generally the'll be stacked up about 3 feet off bottom, but no takers.  Good job on catching the whopper at 6:30 though.  I'm hoping to get out on LG next Sat. 

Offline PSC13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake george
« Reply #127 on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:31 PM »
How much ice is there?

Offline LastCast69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:51 PM »
?  x2

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #129 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:26 PM »

He's probably fishing from a boat. There were only 2 spots that I know of that had enough ice, & w/this rain I'll say 1 of them is very iffy. The other 1 will be hurting too but you might be able to get on. I'll let you all know we're planning an afternoon fish till dark.

Offline Gonetotheshanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #130 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:28 PM »
Saw about 10 guys on ice today on 1 of the bays but all this rain tonite not sure if we will be able to get out now

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #131 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:46 PM »
          I went to Huddle Bay today & the bay took a big hit on Friday, the wind must be out of the NE because the ice looked broke about 75 yrds from the town dock. The ice eater on the dock to the right of town dock is starting to eat ice out toward the left, & if this rain coming in is a little heavy it will take a toll.Here are some pics.
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
[IMG]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/ADKSPORTSMAN/huddlebay003.jpg[/IM
G]
[/quote/]

lots of ice in the back of huddle there. no grass but some good perch cruising through, just not many and they don't stick around.

ice on the other side of the transition where it broke up is thin. i'm light and even if i had been fishing with someone i probably wouldn't have headed towards the island today.

harris fished decent in the afternoon. most people left when the rain started and missed a good bit of the evening bite. tons of pumpkinseeds. personally giving it a few days to firm back up after this warm weather
"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #132 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:01 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
G]
[/quote/]  Was that you out there in Huddle Bay?

lots of ice in the back of huddle there. no grass but some good perch cruising through, just not many and they don't stick around.

ice on the other side of the transition where it broke up is thin. i'm light and even if i had been fishing with someone i probably wouldn't have headed towards the island today.

harris fished decent in the afternoon. most people left when the rain started and missed a good bit of the evening bite. tons of pumpkinseeds. personally giving it a few days to firm back up after this warm weather

Offline perchinator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #133 on: Jan 24, 2012, 10:37 AM »
I'm overlooking  Montcalm Pt and the Narrows and nothing but wide open water. As of 10AM today Huddle deteriorating fast.

At this point in time.............consi der the positive.............. the entire fishery is getting a much needed rest.

I'm betting that we're in for a repeat of the winter of 2001-02................no fishable ice.

If we don't have a serious "lock-up" by 2/15/12...................it's not going to happen and the Perch get a "pass"

I'm pulling for the Perch and the NY Giants............LOL!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #134 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Welcome to IS, it's a great place give & receive info. Now in responce to your post, We can't control the weather, it is what it is! The problem is in this bad economy the bait shops that depend on a good ice fishing season are going to take a big hit w/no ice fishing on the king. So everyone out there if the ice holds up on the lakes that have good ice, try to do business with the local bait shops around Lake George to help them out.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #135 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:44 PM »
I'm with you Wanderer.  I'm not pulling for the Perch or the Lakers.  I'm pulling for some heavy duty ice fishing pretty soon.  Don't worry about us, we'll catch our limits while you're watching the game.  One thing people fail to consider is night time temperatures.  Also, people who live in the Capital Region should be watching the forecast for the Lake George area on places like www.weather.com.  I don't know the zipcode for MDB area, but I check 12836, which is just a little bit farther north. 

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #136 on: Jan 25, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Is Harris frozen way out past the islands? If it is, how much ice is there? :)
Master Laker taker.

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:57 PM »
Unfortunately at this point I'm thinking about putting the docks back in and getting out the boat to get some perch. That being said I hope I'm wrong and the cold shows up and soon!

Offline perch md

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #138 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:48 PM »
12814 is the zip in bolton landing if needed for weather reports

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #139 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:25 PM »

I did! There was 3-4"

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #140 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:15 PM »

I fished 3.5-4" this afternoon bite was slow.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #141 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:22 PM »

I fished this evening on the KING 3-4" bite was slow.

Offline MSicefisher17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #142 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Thanks for the update, good to know some ice made it through the rain/warm temps

Offline Gonetotheshanty

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake george
« Reply #143 on: Jan 26, 2012, 01:52 PM »
First day out on lake George caught a 24in laker and few perch not bad for 2 hours fishing

Offline Gonetotheshanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #144 on: Jan 26, 2012, 01:56 PM »
Bout 3in today bite was also slow today caught few good size perch off tip ups

Offline limitout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #145 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:20 PM »
Good  for you I know theres not much ice any info on the bay you were on??????   
    THANKS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #146 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:27 PM »
First day out on lake George caught a 24in laker and few perch not bad for 2 hours fishing
I know where you were fishing, I was there as well I got afew perch. The smallest was 10" the biggest was 14".

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #147 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:29 PM »

Ditto to the 1st the other Lake George thread.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #148 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:31 PM »

GEE, I DID AGAIN/ WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #149 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:33 PM »

I saw that there was ice @ million dollar beach the other day & it's still there, a couple open spots in the middle up to Paulist Fathers. Dunhams Bay froze to the bottle neck, then Harris Bay has ice to Assembly Point.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.