Author Topic: ICEGATOR/VS./GENERIC BRANDS  (Read 1119 times)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ICEGATOR/VS./GENERIC BRANDS
« on: Nov 17, 2008, 08:18 PM »
Hello 2 all die hard fishermen. I was wondering if anyone has compared the off-brand battery-powered augers compared 2 the icegator? I just got off the phone with a sales person from Gander Mountain and he informed me that they are carrying the lazer strikemaster 12-volt for 409.00. I must have 2 much money this year cause I was thinking of investing in 1. I already have a 6 inch lazer, 8 inch Mora, and 3 horse cobra 10 inch. From what I have read and witnessed the icegator is suppose to cut thru 5 1/2 inches of ice in a second. WOW, also on 1 battery cut 90 holes in 15 inches of ice. This all sounds 2 good 2 be true. I need some first hand reports please. GOOD FISHING TO ALL THIS UPCOMMING YEAR.
 I

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: ICEGATOR/VS./GENERIC BRANDS
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2008, 08:49 PM »
I can't compare the other brands, but the icegator is fantastic.  Used it for a full season and am very pleased.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2008, 04:14 PM »
I played with a Strikemaster electra or what ever its called at Cabelas a couple years ago. I wasn't very impressed with its speed or power. Now this was in the store and obviously not drilling holes so I can't really say for sure. The battery may have been low. If not it sure acted like it. And I know what you're saying about the Icegator, but there's some guys on here that love it. ???
Photobucket can suck it

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2008, 08:26 PM »
buddy of mine bought a electric jiffy and he loves it. but im going to run my old jiffy model 30 till im to old to fish ;)

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2008, 08:46 PM »
It's only a matter of time till someone that i know pretty well sees this and will chime in.....Personally I dont own 1 but ive seen one in action and they look rather nice....Jiffy that is!!!!!!!!!!   Right A-bomb......LMAO!!!!! :tipup: :icefish:

Offline Farley

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM DUCK TAPE
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2008, 08:53 PM »
Should have made a FarleyGator

If it ain't broken, you ain't try'in!

Offline icezombie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2008, 07:57 AM »
bought an icegater last year. i have been ice fishin my whole life, used jifffys(which i think are great) always. the icegater is incredible. i got two jiffys in my storage shed back in minnesota and was going to bring them back to indiana with me last summer. left them there the ice gater works great for the amount of ice in indiana. my personal opinion is you are not going o able to beat it for an electric.

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2008, 05:00 PM »
 ;)
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.