Author Topic: New gear any one ?  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
New gear any one ?
« on: Nov 09, 2009, 04:36 PM »
 Any of you guys planning on buying anything new for the up and coming season ? I was at BPS in Gurnee checking things out. I really don`t need anything, but the new Fish Trap Yukon Tc with the thermal fabric looked like a winner if someone was in the need for a new Shanty.

Bob   

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: New gear any one ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2009, 01:15 PM »
This past weekend I picked up a White River Fly Box for most of my jigs. It was $8.00 @ BP

Fran 8)
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Didn't buy it but was given a adapter for my hand auger to use my cordless drill. Going to have shoulder surgery and this came right on time. Hope it works like some have said.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline keng52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2009, 04:34 PM »
I just bought over 60 bucks worth of jigs from "Jamminjigs.com". Very good quality, very affordable, and quick personalized service. Check them out. They advertise on this site.

Ken

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2009, 04:37 PM »
well my biggest purchase this year was my new can am outlander that i just can't wait to put to work ...i also bought a new artic armor suit and a trailer for my gear that will hook up nicely to the quad  ;)

Offline HappyFrozenToes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Trying to save for a Marcum VS 825C.   My older model (refurbished) AquaVu went out on me last season and I bought a FishTV to get buy.  Figure if I get the Marcum, the FishTV will go to my daughter.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:29 PM »
Frabill refuge, buddy heater, st croix premier ml rod and possibly a little rod case, for xmas  :P

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Didn't buy it but was given a adapter for my hand auger to use my cordless drill. Going to have shoulder surgery and this came right on time. Hope it works like some have said.

I'm going on my 3rd year of using one. First, the drill makes all of the difference. I use a Craftsman C3 19.2volt which has about 410lbs of torque in low gear. It drills really well up to an 8" auger. Second, make sure you are standing on the right side of the drill so you can brace it against your left leg. Otherwise it'll want to twist your wrist off.

I really like mine except you don't get a lot of wholes unless you bring a lot of batteries. Litheum Batteries does give you more wholes but they're pretty salty.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2009, 07:46 PM »
I went christmas shopping the other day and came home with everything that was on my list... and 5 new tipup's. My 'ol lady had a hard time understanding why I NEEDED them so bad with a garage already full of stuff.  ??? I had a hard time explaining, "5 for perch, 5 for trout, and 5 for pike. Plus it's good to have extras." It made sense to me. ::)
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2009, 09:47 PM »
Got a new marcumLx3-tc last friday had it out on the ice the last 2 days.  Wow what a difference.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2009, 09:50 PM »
got a new clam 2000 and otter sled and heater and poles

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:30 AM »
 I ordered a new TB Power Noodle with recoil guides on it and I`m looking forward wetting some line with it. The one thing I`ve noticed is there is a group of members here that just love to bash Thorne Bros rods and I can`t figure that one out. The way I look at it is any product that I use that is a quality product and someone is looking for info about it I`m going to put in a good word for it whatever it is.

Bob

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Just picked up an 09 Marcum LX-5 for 399.99 on ebay, they want 350.00 for LX-3 at BPS. Think i got heck of deal, should be here by mon.  Also place a nice order from jammin jigs, cant wait to get them in, heard so much..... but for the price they gatta be worth it.  Make sure you guys hit the net before the stores so much better deals, and many free shipping round xmas

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2009, 03:23 PM »
Just picked up an 09 Marcum LX-5 for 399.99 on ebay, they want 350.00 for LX-3 at BPS. Think i got heck of deal, should be here by mon.  Also place a nice order from jammin jigs, cant wait to get them in, heard so much..... but for the price they gatta be worth it.  Make sure you guys hit the net before the stores so much better deals, and many free shipping round xmas

You`ll love the LX-5. I payed 479.00 for mine back in 2006. Good buy enjoy it.

Bob

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2009, 07:24 PM »
Nils 6" hand auger, SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET - no more dragging and pulling on the old power auger

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 19, 2009, 10:08 PM »
I just bought a brand new 8" lazer auger today. I'm ordering the drill adaptor tomorrow. It sure will be nice not to have to lug the power auger out early ice.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2009, 05:17 AM »
Drill adaptors work best with 6 inch or less augers.  Offset handle for your strike master is just about as good, I use that now instead. It is rpm's not torque anyway.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.