Author Topic: Best method of ice fishing transportation  (Read 7916 times)

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best method of ice fishing transportation
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2019, 07:30 AM »
tundra long track studied, it will go through anything, 3 ft of powerder or slush, Love my machine, :-) For those saying you need more power...well utility sleds sacrifice speed for power, so my 550f has lots of power as its top speed is only 60. 
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2019, 11:44 AM »
I am looking for my 4th iteration of this answer. I walked for 4 decades, then tried my 4 wheeler, which was OK, but soaked me when it was sloppy, and was sketchy getting over cracks and breaks near shore. I got 2 '80's air cooled Yamaha snowmobiles, and finally an old Tundra 1 cylinder. The Tundra is great when there is snow, and even when not it is better than walking. It is slow, but compared to walking, it is a dream. I only take what I can put in the rack behind the seat, so I never get stuck, and we get more snow and therefore slush here in Idaho than you could ever see in Iowa. If I could find one, I would get a newer -06-09 Ski-Doo Tundra 300, which is basically the same machine I have with electric start and reverse, well under 400 pounds. Good luck finding someone willing to part with one.

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 10:23 PM »
tundra long track studied, it will go through anything, 3 ft of powerder or slush, Love my machine, :-) For those saying you need more power...well utility sleds sacrifice speed for power, so my 550f has lots of power as its top speed is only 60.
Exactly my sled.
Mines a 2018 model.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.