Author Topic: Muck artic ice boots  (Read 1190 times)

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Muck artic ice boots
« on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:17 PM »
Any one have these and or wear them ice fishing ,thinking of asking for a pair for Xmas .Any good or bad feedback appreciated

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Muck artic ice boots
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:26 PM »
I have them work/feel pretty good ...go a size up or try on a pair locally if buying on line .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:37 PM »
I've (heard) muck isnt worth the money..... Coming from few who hunt / work in them . I personally use the Lacrosse 1000 grams and absolutely love them I duck hunt and deer hunt as well as ice fish and I don't have anything bad to say about them .

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:52 PM »
I have the muck artic pros and muck chores. They are the best boots. The artic pros I only use for ice fishing, they are plenty warm and waterproof. I pair them up with kahtoolas. If you buy them you will be happy.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:57 PM »
I find muck to be very much worth the money. I’ve even waded for steelhead in my Arctic Pros when I didn’t have waders. I’ve used my Arctic Pros for the last 4 seasons without any issues at all. A big thing to remember when asking about product quality is to keep in mind that not everyone treats their gear with the same grace as you might. There are thousands of 1 star reviews on Amazon about fine products because people can’t read properly or they manhandle the bajesus out of their possessions and wonder why it keeps breaking. If it were up to my mother in-law, there isn’t a coffee pot in the world worth a darn (including restaurant grade machines, she breaks them all because she’s.........unique).

Anyways, mine and my wife’s mucks have held up great. I went from freezing huge pac-boots (I wear a 14 shoe and have poor circulation to my feet) to a much more slim profile muck (size 14, no need for me to upsize like pacs) that stays warm in cotton socks. Having said that, I do wear an ultralight thermal liner with a heavyweight wool sock. My feet have never been as comfortable as they are in my mucks. Now, I’m not saying there aren’t other brands that offer the same qualities that I experience with my mucks, but I haven’t had to find out either.

I also wear Khatoolas and they are awesome.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2018, 06:09 PM »
Also meant to ask about there claim of walking on wet ice ,do they stick like ice cleats would which is my only reason for even concidering them.Not a fan of wearing them

Offline satyr36

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2018, 06:10 PM »
good topic as ive also been ready to purchase these... My mickey mouses are ending life

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2018, 07:27 PM »
You might want to check out the "Chit Chat" thread of Ice Shanty.  This topic was discussed on Dec 1, 2018

fish on,

river eddy

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:17 PM »
I'm on heart meds, I have had issues the last 2 yrs hunting and ice fishing. I used muck wetlands in the past and they weren't warm enough though they are holding up well. Just bought a pair of muck artic pro early this year and have had success with them this deer season sitting up til noon in 20s weather. I just bought a pair of cabelas 2000 in toe and 1600 in the foot area just in case the pros don't get it, were on sale for 78 bucks.... I waste 80 bucks on worse things so I said go... hope they work.... fox river has a reasonable wool sock the last about a season, the are a light brown or tan color, family farm in auburn and BIG R in warsaw has always had them.... good luck

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:40 PM »
some one in general chit chat board showed his arctic pro mucks splitting open on the side heel and top of toes on his boots. said he didn't use them much either.

i looked at striker ice boots and they were heavy.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:47 PM »
I was real close to pulling the trigger on these a couple weeks ago. Went with the Bogs Bozemans instead because it was a little  better deal....looks like I chose right.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline awade84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:24 AM »
I have a pair of Baffin boots that have been great for me 3 years now and going strong.  got them on sale for right around $100

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2018, 12:13 PM »
I just bought the new version that has the tack tread, and they're 1/2 the weight of any other boot with the warmth rating to -60, so perfect for the run and gun. The older I get, the more I realize that your sock game needs to be on point versus the boot. I now change my socks multiple times on all day outings... it's made a big difference. Eating and hydration can't be overlooked IMO as well.   
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2018, 01:12 PM »
I've had my mucks for 6 years, no problems.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2018, 01:49 PM »
I just bought the new version that has the tack tread, and they're 1/2 the weight of any other boot with the warmth rating to -60, so perfect for the run and gun. The older I get, the more I realize that your sock game needs to be on point versus the boot. I now change my socks multiple times on all day outings... it's made a big difference. Eating and hydration can't be overlooked IMO as well.

I know some fly fisherman that winter fish say changing your socks you had on that were warm during your drive before you slip into waders makes a difference. That's why I feel too warmers are bad cuz they make your feet sweat.
As far as hydration goes I'm guessing my beer diet doesnt help me stay warm other than my tummy
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 2018, 02:29 PM »
I don't have either but have done extensive research on both, as this is the style that I want.  There are many complaints about the Muck Arctic Pros not lasting and splitting apart.  The only complaints I can find about Baffin Titans is that they make your feet sweat!  I think I'm going with the Baffins.  I'm sure more Baffin fans will chime in now. lol.

Offline coopason

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oops missed another 1,no wait ahh FEEL it
« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Same situation looking for boots. Decided to go  with the Baffin Apex, ordered size 12 one size bigger. Boots came in yesterday, great fit. These are gonna be warm and feel very comfy.   If James Holst from IDO says these work for him , works for me.

coop
Coopason

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Laces are a drag  ;D

Offline JDH46151

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2018, 12:07 PM »
What he said... This year I also started spraying my feet with unscented antiperspirant before going to the deer stand.  That seems to be helping as well.

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2018, 05:11 PM »
I have put my artic pros through hell and back. Have used them for everything from the jobsite, to brush busting rabbit hunting, deer hunting, ice fishing. Have had them for 5 years(I believe) and they're holding up very well.  Very warm boot, I also ran kahtoolas on mine while ice fishing. As said already, good socks help with any boot.  I wear a good liner sock under a medium weight merino wool sock. And typically spray my feet with an aerosol antiperspirant.

Fish On'

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:20 PM »
What he said... This year I also started spraying my feet with unscented antiperspirant before going to the deer stand.  That seems to be helping as well.
Good tip... I’ll be sure to try it... dry feet equal warm feet.
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.