New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Fair Haven Bay  (Read 1763 times)

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fair Haven Bay
« on: Feb 25, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Was out to Fair Haven Bay Sunday. I just want people to use caution when near the shore. There is a small bad spot. A friend of mine fell through to his waist on Saturday. A seen a small kid go through up to his knees on Sunday. Just warning anybody that goes out there unless they like fishing with wet boots on!! :laugh:

Chief
It'll eat.

Offline redneck3673

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fair Haven Bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2008, 10:10 AM »
I was out all day sunday-saw no bad spots.Where was it so I know to watch out for it?By the way how did you do?That was the best day i've had at little sodus in quite a few years.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2008, 01:58 PM »
If you continue to go toward where they have the restrooms open during the summer and park on the side of the road there is a little gate that is open. And when you get down to the shoreline there is a little bad spot near shore (not very big). A friend of mine feel up into his waist and I seen a little kid have his leg go through. It isnt really that big of a deal but I am just letting people know about it. There is really no need to worry about it. I fished from 2:30-6 and kept about 20 nice ones. I lost a few pigs at the bottom of my hole though
It'll eat.

Offline reich607

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Whats the ice like on the rest of the bay?

Offline hoythunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:03 PM »
went there last night did pretty good got about 20 keepers and lots of dinks.the ice was good when i first got there and when i got ready to leave every tim id take a step it was filling with slush and water .ice was about 8-10 inches up to about 80 yrds out then it goes down to about 2-3 inchestwords the middle

Offline reich607

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Yykes!!

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2008, 08:59 PM »
I am thinking about going out there tomorrow. Lots of slush on the water huh? You think it will freeze up tonight?
It'll eat.

Offline hoythunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:28 PM »
possibly its been cold enough

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:41 PM »
All this slush sux.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2008, 09:18 PM »
I was out there later this afternoon. All the slush was frozen over for the most part so it wasnt a big deal at all. Fishing was really slow, very disappointed but that's why its called fishing not catching. Once again if you are one of the people that go through the open gate down past the restrooms BE CAREFUL!! I told my buddy to be light on his feet through there and sure enough he fell through to his waist on one leg. He was Shi*ting his pants. I recommend just going right out of the boat launch.

Chief
It'll eat.

Offline redneck3673

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 29, 2008, 07:02 PM »
I went out the launch and the ice was great.Drilled 6 holes all were at least 12 inches.Safe fishing as far as i am concerned.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 29, 2008, 09:19 PM »
Yeah I know that the shore ice off the boat launch is plenty safe enough. I was talking about a couple of SMALL weak spots down by the open gate down by the restrooms a ways close to shore. I had 2 buddies have their legs go through up to their waists. I go right out of the boat launch. I am actually going to be out there bright and early tomorrow morning!
It'll eat.

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2008, 06:53 AM »
Hows the snow on the bay?Want to fish somewhere and not bust a nut dragging gear!
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2008, 05:49 PM »
I wouldnt go out to Fair Haven Bay. The shore ice is toast. Couple of guys went in today. Not too safe if you ask me. It stinks because there is about 12'' of ice out there, its just the shore ice isnt really safe at all.
It'll eat.

Offline BlueGill92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Hey just plank it lol One 2" by12" by ten foot and your good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.