Author Topic: perch on tip ups  (Read 10190 times)

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: perch on tip ups
« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2004, 09:44 AM »
Germ,
   I also wanted to tell you that I've never seen a 20 inch perch.  The lakes I fish here in NY (finger lakes) have a huge forage base of smelt and alewife's which the trout gorge themselves on.  These lakes are fairly deep and only freeze up during the coldest winters and even then usually only parts of them freeze.  In any event Kueka, and Seneca routinely give up fish in the 17 to 18 inch range which usually top the scales at 2 3/4 to 3 lbs.  I've got a 16 1/2 I caught a few weeks ago which was the fattest perch I've ever seen and it went over 2 3/4 lbs.  No pics as it's on it's way to the taxidermist.  But what I wanted to say was that in the summer when fishing for trout we sometimes pick up these monsters fishing in deep water with alewives (4 to 5 inches long)  On kueka in the winter many guys use large bass shiners under tipups/tipdowns to get the big fish.  If you want to get into some really big perch in the winter you should consider a trip out to these lakes....

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: perch on tip ups
« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2004, 10:48 AM »
You get one in the 2 and 3/4  then send it to me via forzen mail lol Then ill top the ontario record here..Ill just drop it in the water let it unthaw and bang get my face on the paper. LOL JJ. ya never seen one here over 17 but One can  only hope. Tight lines and thanks for the reply!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.