New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Fuel n Food tourny  (Read 3231 times)

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fuel n Food tourny
« on: Feb 26, 2006, 02:01 PM »
Just wondering if anyone plans on fishing in the Fuel n Food tourny this weekend on the Sacandaga.  a couple of us will be making our way out Saturday, and staying until it ends on Sunday(if weather permits).  i know this tourny has a real good pay out and giveaways at the the end, so it should be a good time.  just be careful out there and keep an eye on your tip ups.  with this snow, there will be 9 million snowmobiles, EVERYWHERE, on the lake. :o   good luck  :tipup:
"The Green Hornet strikes again"

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
Re: Fuel n Food tourny
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2006, 02:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure ilikepike and I will be hitting it up..
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2006, 03:48 PM »
where abouts do you guys fish on the Sacandaga?  we usually go out near Northhampton campsite, or off Vandeburgh Pt rd(mayfield).  just curious.  maybe we'll catch ya out there at some point. good luck.   :tipup:

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2006, 03:51 PM »
We used to fish off of the mayfield town beach, but we're south of there now.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2006, 07:31 AM »
anyone else fishing the tourny this weekend?  :tipup:

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2006, 09:28 AM »
I have been pondering fishing the tourney this year, some friends have a hardside shack out in the Northampton area. I most likely will head for George this weekend though.. it is the KING after all!

Good Luck to those that enter and be careful out there!

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2006, 12:22 PM »
coldbum, we usually fish near Northhamptom also, but we're undecided where to fish this weekend.  we are pondering about a few different places, but regardless, we'll be out there.  good luck on the KING and be safe. :tipup:

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2006, 12:40 PM »
BABOB, haven't heard much from you on here lately.  i hope you make it out to us this weekend. it would be a shame not to have you around,  i need someone to take my fish to the measuring station  :D   let me guess, your shoulders are still gonna be sore from those "little lakers".  on a serious note, hope to see you out there.  i'll bet ya anything it's going to be fun.   :tipup:

Offline tbruseny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2006, 01:16 PM »
hey aaron719,  well see if babob makes it out now he saying he might have to work on saturday,  hes gonna let me know today .  anyway if he is going to be out there he better bring a pen and some paper because hes gonna have to take some notes from us on how to catch the eyes. I dont think his old shoulders can handle it anyway.   no matter what Ill be ready to have a good time. As long as the wind stays away i think its gonna be a decent weekend.  u still want to do some scouting on friday?  let me know what the plans are. 
                 hope to see lots of these :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

B.R.A.A.H                                         

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2006, 03:56 PM »
tbruseny, friday sounds good to me.  anyone else interested in fishing the Sacandaga friday, let us know. :tipup:

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Does anyone have any suggesttions for trout fishing on this lake. Bait, dow, location. I have never fished this lack before. Is the east side of the lake by the bridge a decent location? ??? ??? I think I may head up Sunday for the tourney

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Does anyone have any suggesttions for trout fishing on this lake. Bait, dow, location. I have never fished this lack before. Is the east side of the lake by the bridge a decent location? ??? ??? I think I may head up Sunday for the tourney
  i have only caught one trout out of that lake and it was in the summer, so i wouldn't be of much help for catching trout.  i usually look for the walleyes, or whatever else wants to bite.  we'll be in the blue portable "Clam".  stop by if you see it out there :tipup:

Offline tbruseny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2006, 08:06 PM »
jflood most of the trout that i have heard of coming out of the sacandaga were all caught just under the ice 3-6 ft down.  You never know though.  When i go i usually am chasing after the eyes.  good luck maybee ill run into you on the lake.  gonna be a good one out there this weekend.

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2006, 09:35 PM »
What time does it start and end??? Where is the weigh station???? When can you enter and where???? I've never fished Sacandaga in the winter and need to know where to start. I don't have any transportation once on the ice and don't want to walk far to enter a fish if I catch something. Thanks for any help...
      Kim  :tipup: :tipup: :bow: :bow:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2006, 10:21 PM »
the tourney starts @4pm on Friday and goes until 4pm on Sunday.  the measuring station is at Fuel n Food.  measuring station is open from 7am-4pm Sat & Sun.  you can enter right there at the store.   :tipup:

Offline NYFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing is not only a sport, but a Dedication
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2006, 01:26 AM »
The trout in this lake seem to be few and far between in the winter however when you catch one you can expect it to be above 20 inches.....weve caught trout(Only a few) on suckers, icicles and blue nose chubs......Depth of water varies from 10-30...I would say any bait will work it will just depend on if there is a trout nearby to eat.....So i wouldnt say its like using smelt on piseco and your gonna catch lakers.

Offline matthewwood25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2006, 06:25 AM »
hey guys ill be out there i have a shanty by trap isaland good luck to all.

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2006, 06:41 AM »
nyfishfinder,
Is there a better section of this lake to fish ???  Northern or Southern end of the lake ??? I really don't know where to begin. Is the Batchlerville bridge a good area ??? I am not trying to win the tourney but just to catch a few fish :)

Offline NYFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Weve only really fished by scout island and the other islands in the near vicinity.......Ive fished near the bacherlorville bridge and caught one trout,.....but i wouldnt say its better trout fishing there than the scout island area because we have caught trout there as well....the problem this year is the water is quite high and there are bays and places that have water this winter that have never had water any other winter...so i would think the fish are more spread out on the lake.......if you were planning on fishing near the bridge i wouldnt go too far past it towards the dam because ive heard the ice is iffy down that way....wherever you fish id use 8lb or 6lb test flourocarbon with a size 10 or 12 treble....this will give you the chance to catch any fish the lake offers.  The lake is mainly known for walleye and pike fishing with a  trout here and there.

Offline NYFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2006, 12:14 PM »
hey guys ill be out there i have a shanty by trap isaland good luck to all.
Are you talkin about the traps near scout island?  If so how much water ya got there.  We put are shack out there a couple fuel n food tourneys ago and had not stop flags but if we didnt get to the tipup quick enough wed be snagged......we stayed out there one night and when we woke up we had about 10-15 flags waitin for us.....this is no joke and they werent wind flags either because we use heritage tipups.  However 90% of the flags were snagged.  Just wonderin if you have the same type of problem out there

Offline Booker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2006, 01:31 PM »
BABOB, The young bucks like to talk a lot don't they? Have you seen any of there trophys from the Sacandaga? I haven't.

Offline NYFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 02, 2006, 02:45 PM »
Wheres your trophy again? Just out of curiosity

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 02, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Thanks for the info. Do the fish have to be alive??? I'm on foot and could be a long walk to enter the fish.
      Kim   :tipup: :tipup: :)
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline NYFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 02, 2006, 07:08 PM »
as far as i know they dont.....they just have to be outta the sacandaga :tipup:

Offline BABOB

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Come outta the wet"
« Reply #24 on: Mar 03, 2006, 12:09 PM »
BABOB, The young bucks like to talk a lot don't they? Have you seen any of there trophys from the Sacandaga? I haven't.

Booker I'm giving those boys a 22 hour headstart then reelin em in.
School starts at 2:00 boys.  Going to try the circle hooks for the first time. The only trophys I've heard about was the "flying fish" and something about p**p. Lots of prizes and a great payoff and there may even be some records set in the Food & Fuel, I hear those boys have been feeding em plenty lately. Sorry you have to work, I got old windy in the pack all ready for you.

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 03, 2006, 01:54 PM »
babob, be ready for tomorrow.  puttin the steel to em.  i was at fuel and food this morning, there was already 210 people signed up.  i also talked to the owner and he said there is going to be a measuring station near the beach on  Vandenburgh Pt rd.  good luck to all.   :tipup:

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 03, 2006, 02:54 PM »
TO ALL who are going to fish the tournament!!!!!!!!!!! Even though it starts from 4:00 pm FRI(today) to 4:00 pm SUN you have until 7:00 AM SATto enter the contest. You can call the store and give your C/C to enter that way. After 7 you are out of luck. Good Luck!!!!Store # 518-661-6917
      Kim

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Mar 04, 2006, 06:39 AM »
let the games begin.  HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY :D  :tipup:

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 04, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Just came back from the tourney. I don't have a means to stay overnight so I'll drive back up tomorrow. Very windy but not too cold. I'll have to buy those ice stakes you guys are talking about. Where do they sell them???? We left at 4:00 pm and check the totals on the board. As of THEN:
1) walleyes- 19 7/8"-19" Largest to smallest for cat.
2) trout- 15 7/8" only one entered.
3) pike- 30 7/8"-27 5/8"  Large to smallest for cat.
4) perch- 14 7/8"- 13 7/16" Largest to smallest for cat.   <<<<<<<BIG!!!!!!
5) non-gamefish  17" whitefish and a last minute entry for a 18 1/8" pickeral. They were still undecided to allow it for non-gamefish when I left.
6) No mudpuppies caught at that time.

I don't know if they'll be measuring through the night.(probably not) Cut off time is 4:00 pm sharp SUNDAY. Any time after that WILL NOT BE ALLOWED!!!!I checked on this with the promoter.Good Luck to all.....
      Kim :tipup: :tipup: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :woot:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.