Author Topic: lake antoine  (Read 3714 times)

Offline scraper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
lake antoine
« on: Dec 21, 2005, 07:29 PM »
First time on lake this winter,12+" of ice, cars driving on lake, not me, took 4 wheeler.Not to bad for first time out, 2 eyes, both 17",quite afew small perch and gills,only1 keeper perch. Be out again tomorrow.

Offline Scraper.jr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: lake antoine
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Was out with scraper on the 25th caught two eyes 19,20 inches. One Pike 28 and about 6 perch we brought home.
http://xs.to/xs.php?f=IMG_1012.JPG&h=xs61&d=05523

Copy and paste if this doesnt convert links

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Hello sounds like some nice fish.  I am actually thinking about heading there this weekend.  Where abouts would you recommend fishign for panfish or walleye.  I know they are probably some different locations but just wondering.  Whats the ice like? people driving?

Offline Scraper.jr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2005, 11:43 PM »
As of Wednesday there was 13 inches and cars and small trucks have been driving out. I hate to recomened something and hear you get skunked but in the past you could catch some bluegill son the west end near the landing. I have also caught Pike and walleye there. Only down side is its crowded there. not sure how any one is doing at the center of the lake this year. Any where parallel with the beach side should get you some panfish during the day. Look for about 15 feet of water. Hope this helps and good luck.

Offline unkymer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigan's Upper Peninsula
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2006, 11:19 AM »
My wife and I went out Sunday. Found active perch in 13' of water. Had to sort through lots of little fish, but did manage to get enough eaters for supper. Wax worms on orange ice jigs. I jigged for walleye the last hour of light and an hour or so after with nothing. West end, with the group. Didn't do well in either deeper or shallower water. Not that you can't, but we didn't. I promised to share my fishing trips and I'm living up to it.

Offline Scraper.jr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2006, 11:08 AM »
I was out this am and had 2 small perch and two small gills and one  :tipup:

Offline unkymer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2006, 12:35 PM »
My wife and I were out again this past Saturday. Set tip-ups for walleye and jigged wax worms for perch. Slow morning for us, then it started to snow about 2 and all heck broke loose. We iced 27 perch between us, working between 12' and 15' of water, and caught one that would be called a keeper. Just the one. The rest went back. One of the best afternoons in a while for perch numbers, but I just haven't squared the size away and found bigger fish. No walleye again. Stayed until just about 7 p.m. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the walleye. I would have thought being on so many smaller fish that it would be walleye central ... but I thought wrong. Kicking my butt is what they are doing.

Offline Scraper.jr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2006, 01:15 PM »
Don't feel bad about the walleys I havn't caught one since x-mas. I was out this Monday and I had a lot of little gills but no keepers. I have a pic of a perch that Scraper caught on Sunday. He was out all day and he only took home two perch.

Offline Scraper.jr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2006, 12:00 PM »

Scraper with a 13 inch perch

Offline unkymer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2006, 11:01 AM »
So they get larger than 7"? It's been so long since I caught one that size I forgot they get that big. Nice fish.

Offline Scraper.jr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2006, 05:38 PM »
Biggest Perch I caught was 8 inch and I had to step on him to make him that big!

Offline unkymer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:31 AM »
I have to remember the stepping on him trick.  ;D

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2007, 03:25 PM »
Anybody having any luck up here yet this year?  Was thinking about taking a ride up but don't want to waste the gas if the fish arent biting.  I have been doing really good on Big Bay De Noc, but would like a change of waters.  I need to get back on some pannies.

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2007, 10:53 AM »
I heard the pearch are hitting, the pan fish are on at the mine ponds and the bad waters
Only in the U.P.  (You can take man out of the U.P. but can't take the U.P. out of the Man)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.