Author Topic: Little Bay De Noc  (Read 11594 times)

Offline NorthwoodsIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Little Bay De Noc
« on: Nov 29, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Where is this place?  I have been reading some posts about it but I cant seem to locate it in the world.
Welcome to the Northwoods! Grab a Leinenkugel's!

Offline northern45

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me at brainerd jaycess tournament
Re: Little Bay De Noc
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:20 AM »
south side of UP by escanaba

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2005, 11:59 AM »
I fish BDN every now and then. I'll be heading there quite a bit this winter, I'd be happy to show you around. PM me sometime in January and we'll make plans.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline NorthwoodsIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Thanks for the info, I will have to try and get up that way sometime this season.
Welcome to the Northwoods! Grab a Leinenkugel's!

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2005, 02:21 PM »
Some days it's great, and some days it's awful. You can always catch Burbot (ling, lota lota, etc) though, which makes it all the more fun. I'd put Burbot on a plate next to Walleye any day! BDN produces some real "wall hangers" too.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline CaughtYa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was ICE fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Some days it's great, and some days it's awful. You can always catch Burbot (ling, lota lota, etc) though, which makes it all the more fun. I'd put Burbot on a plate next to Walleye any day! BDN produces some real "wall hangers" too.

K&G, I fished LBDN fore the first time last year. I fished out from Wells and had decent luck with the walleye. Thought it would be fun to hook into some boubot, although never did fish for them specifically. Any pointers on type of bait and location? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

- C.Y.

The great thing about winter is it ferrets out the wimps!

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Sure. The burbs dont really start slamming until late spring, but you can pick them up pretty much anytime. One of my favorite spots is off the Terrace...just head out until your in about 50 feet of water, drop a shiner to within 2 feet of the bottom, and wait for a flag to pop. I've had good success using "ripened" minnows (dead and smelly), and I've also heard that chicken skin works too, but that's just nasty. Props to Chris Wahl from Bayview Tackle for putting me on that spot. I'll be fishing BDN alot this winter, drop me a PM and we can hook up. Cheers!

Offline wavewatcher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Menominee, MI
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2006, 02:41 PM »
Has anyone been catching anything out there lately?
FISH ON!!!!!!!

Offline moosebreath

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:17 PM »
 :oBetween three of us we caught 1 perch and 2 small walleyes in 2 days of fishing daylight to dark     [/img]a
"I live the Life I love and I love the Life I live"      http://beaverbarkcanoes.wordpress.com/home

Offline skeeter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2006, 07:16 AM »
A buddy and I just reserved rooms for Little Bay for the last part of Feb this year.  We have NEVER fished there before. Living very close to Saginaw Bay we spend a lot of time fishing there. Have wanted to fish LB for a long time and finally decided to just do it.  IF anyone has any information on where one should fish we sure would appreciate it.  Have never gone this far to ice fish before and would love to make it a successful fishing trip although just being up north is fun you know what I mean. Will surely do the same for you on our home waters if your ever in our neck of the woods. Sure would like to get on some of those big fish up there I hear about.  Will be staying at Bay View I think is where he got the rooms.  Again any info will be sure appreciated.  Skeeter
Best bass and walleye boat cleaner headquarters - Cleanest site on the net

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Skeeter   

go to http://www.baydenoc.com/  These guys will usually give you plenty of information.  If you need more just leave a message on here.  I will be checking it a lot but usually baydenoc.com is my place.  Its hard to say where to tell you to fish right now, because you never know what the ice conditions are going to allow.  If you post about a week or 2 before you come up I should be able to get you on some fish.

Justin

Offline Letha_Face

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2006, 12:24 PM »
Just on a side note about LBN when does it usually freeze over? Im thinking around late december.

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 31, 2006, 07:02 PM »
It is usually froze over by then, but I would definately suggest waiting into January before its very safe,  I like at least 6 inches and 8 inches before I get out on it with the fourwheeler.  Lots of current out there to mess things up so be careful when you do.

Offline skeeter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2006, 05:11 PM »
Justin, thanks so much. Lets keep in contact then. Really appreciate it.  Nels  Midland, MI [email protected]

Offline hooks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2006, 02:06 PM »
I'll be up there it Skeeter. I retire the end of Jan 2007, so really looking forward to going. Thanks for any infor you can give Nels. We will be staying at Bayview Motel.
Just lets hope for ice.  :thumbsup:

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 28, 2006, 08:29 AM »
People are just starting to fish LBDN. There is 3-4" of solid ice out to the center reef cans. I'm going up saturday to try my luck for perch.

Offline skeeter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2006, 08:55 AM »
I am really getting excited about fishing LBDN but can't get there until Feb. Thanks so much for the update. Really appreciate it. Skeeter

Offline bullydog324

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2006, 09:15 AM »
I think I'll probably end up taking a trip up there if there is no ice in the lower pennisula soon.

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 28, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Fishing has been pretty decent for perch over around the Butlers Island but be careful as there was still open water over there yesterday.  I havent been out a lot but the few walleye i have caught all have been in the 30 ft range on #7 and #9 Glow orange jigging rap.  Haven't had to much luck with with Swedish Pimples yet but I will let you know what the trick is after a few more trips.

Offline shack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2007, 05:17 PM »
The ice in LBDN took a beating I heard 10 shacks went down in that warm weather we had about 2 weeks ago it's been making ice pretty good since it started cooling off temps have been in the single digits and teens at night and twenty's during the day I stopped at Bay Shore bait shop next to the boat launch at Kipling Thursday and they said the ice was apx. 7" thick inside Butlers island I'm not sure how thick it is beyond that but there are people and shacks beyond that now and has been making ice everyday  For a more up to date report on ice thickness and fish report try Bay Shore Resort bait&tackle 1-906-428-2950 they will help you out

Offline skeeter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Still have plans on going up for the first timie at the end of Feb so please keep us posted. Skeeter

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2007, 10:02 PM »
Ice is finally starting to get thick.  Saw a decent amount of fourwheeler traffic on the lake today.  I was fishing perch off Kipling with minimium success.  I found 10 inches there, but then I went out a ways and all of a sudden it was down to about 3 and a half.  Please use extreme caution yet, especially if you decide to take the fourwheeler.  South of Gladstone is froze over, but I have only seen a few portables on that side yet.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend we have good amount of safe ice there.

Offline skeeter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Justin you been out on LBDN lately? We still plan on coming up Feb 21 24. Thanks Nels

Offline skeeter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 17, 2007, 05:59 PM »
Hello Justin or anyone, Nels Larsen here / Skeeter.  Have talked to you on here before. I am leaving for Little Bay next Tues evening. Staying at Bay View. If you have any info you would share I would really appreciate it.  Like I said before I have never fished there.  Saginaw Bay is my fishing hole and I would sure take care of you down here anytime summer or winter. Would even take you out for a fishing trip. I just want to be able to set up in an area that you would if you were going out. I know NO one can say you WILL catch fish but if I knew where to go I would surely have a better chance. My phone is 989 837 2681 any and all info would really be appreciated. Thanks Nels

[email protected]

Offline Letha_Face

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2007, 11:01 AM »
I almost always seem to get some perch in Kipling. Im pretty new to it I dont have a shack or anything. I usually just drive out to an area where there are shacks near by and just fish somewhat in the same area but not to close. What kind of bait does everyone use? I usually just go for perch. I have best luck with minnows on a small jig.

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 18, 2007, 08:24 PM »
For Perch I usually use minnows also, but there are days when a wiggler will produce more fish, don't plan on going out there with just one option.  If you dont like live bait I have caught perch on jigging spoons and small jigging raps this year, but usually fish a the minnows or wigglers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.