The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Help my jiffy propane is leaking gas out small hole on regulator?  (Read 5657 times)

Offline BigDdoney

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is best!
Last weekend was drilling holes with no problem then all the sudden it died and I could hear gas leaking from my pro 4 propane auger.its coming from regulator on the side where the flexible rubber hose attaches.there is a tiny hole when looking at the regulator at 9 o'clock position.that is the  where gas is leaking. I brought the auger in the house tonight,it's  been an hour or so and its still leaking if I attach a bottle. i thought might have ice in The regulator?Any suggestions would like to use this weekend if I can.

Offline gasman707

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold is a state of mind!!
First never attach the cylinder onto the auger inside the house/garage especially if it is leaking.
Second did you soap it to make sure it's the regulator and not the hose.
Third if it is the regulator leaking you need a new one, no way around it. (Sorry, but call Jiffy customer service)

All it takes is a  tiny piece of dirt or rust to wreck a regulator, and they are not rebuildable.

Offline mr tip up

• Team IceShanty Addict
sound like a regulator to me  if its leaking out of it it bad
what is and what should never be

Offline 59Ford

• IceShanty Rookie
I had that problem as well. I called Jiffy and although my auger was just off warranty, they sent me a new hose and regulator. You need to know if it is the earlier setup or the new, you can check which you have on the Jiffy website .

Offline BigDdoney

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is best!
It was one of the first but they are fixing it and sent parts just waiting for repairman to fix.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.