Author Topic: One more night?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
One more night?
« on: Feb 10, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Got the word from my uncle that there is still 6" of good ice on my spot. I am going to hit it here in a couple of hours(picks around my neck of course) Will post back if I get into anything.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: One more night?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2009, 04:46 PM »
Got the word from my uncle that there is still 6" of good ice on my spot. I am going to hit it here in a couple of hours(picks around my neck of course) Will post back if I get into anything.

6" today vs. how much the last time you were there?  Interested in knowing how fast the ice is leaving.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2009, 04:51 PM »
What spot?

Offline ice-dogg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:13 PM »
Just got home from the lake. Had 7-8" of ice with 4" of junk. 4" chunks come out when I drilled my holes. I could hear it cracking in front of me as I walked. Checked some dark spots with the spud and it was like a snow cone. :o Not good. Wont be going out tomorrow. May head north for the weekend. Be safe.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:23 PM »
Darn... and I was hoping that I could head to Warsaw this weekend and find some fishable ice.  Looks like I'm headed to MI.

Jeff

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Ice is toast......Started with a good 11" the day before yesterday. Today I had 4 inches of good ice and 4 inches of chit ice. Auger threw up crap that only belongs in a Jack and Coke. I had to hop onto a floating piece of ice to get to the main ice. When I came off the floating ice gave way and in I went. Luckily for me I was wearing my Gortex suit and had it velcroed tight to my boots so when I hopped out I did not get wet. Fishing sucked and I can only hope that I can get on ice up north.

Skeeter.....a couple of us are thinking Saginaw......What do you think?
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:32 PM »

I dunno... I just read they have ankle deep water on Houghton.  I assume you are talking Saginaw Bay?  Never been there, don't know anything about it. 

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:35 PM »
Jeff all you need to know is WALLAYES. I don't know about the ice conditions though. Satellite shots of Saginaw http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=h&page=1.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline Crookedlake92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Ice is toast......Started with a good 11" the day before yesterday. Today I had 4 inches of good ice and 4 inches of chit ice. Auger threw up crap that only belongs in a Jack and Coke. I had to hop onto a floating piece of ice to get to the main ice. When I came off the floating ice gave way and in I went. Luckily for me I was wearing my Gortex suit and had it velcroed tight to my boots so when I hopped out I did not get wet. Fishing sucked and I can only hope that I can get on ice up north.

Buddy it wasn't real pretty up here....... A couple spots still have promise, but one of my favorites was wicked.... Didn't even try to get on. Sounded about like what you were fishing on....... Fingers crossed boys...........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.