Author Topic: fish lake  (Read 1046 times)

Offline mike van09

• IceShanty Rookie
fish lake
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 01:22 PM »
hows the derby goin in fish lake
any big bass pike or walleye?

Offline bsufishinguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: fish lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2009, 09:34 AM »
from what i remember it was a pretty slow day...i fished with a crew of about 8...and we all got skunked...couple of flags..but nothing spinning when we got there...no walleye on the board when i last checked...and no pike either...though i did help three little kids catch a small northern...they came out with a fence post and tried to bust open some old holes and i just felt bad watching them so i went over and asked them where they wanted their holes drilled...i popped three holes for them...went back to the shanty picked up my beer and one of the kids was screaming i caught one i caught one....i looked over and he's got a 10 inch northern...it was pretty funny...anybody got the results let me know..im curious to see how it all turned out...

Offline ice chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2009, 06:28 PM »
 Listening to those kids would make the best out of a lousy day of fishing. My hat off to you for helping those kids  this world is better off with kids enjoying the outdoors instead of sitting in front of the video games (they may even end up addicted to the internet like us :D)
Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

Offline bluegillmaster2011

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2009, 07:33 PM »
all i know is my friend pat langle (bigfish2010) won the stupid red ear and bass both for the second year in a row! he doesn't have a vex either or a shanty! he is old fashioned but gets the job done

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2009, 07:37 PM »
all i know is my friend pat langle (bigfish2010) won the stupid red ear and bass both for the second year in a row! he doesn't have a vex either or a shanty! he is old fashioned but gets the job done
Ataboy, love seeing guys win without electronics!!! Must be doing something right!!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline bluegillmaster2011

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2009, 07:49 PM »
yeah i give him all the credit in the world for doin it with out eletronics even though i would never ever ever tell him that and i really hope he doesnt read this but i stand by my vex and wont fish without it

Offline Hop_Head

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Jig! Jig! Jig!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2009, 09:34 PM »
My 10yr old and I were out there. We had a blast. He got 3 fat bulls and nice crappie, I got a few dinks. We could have caught 1 or 101, didn't really matter. Created good memories. :) All I heard from him on the way back was "When are we going again?".   ;D

Offline ice chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2009, 06:48 AM »
 Had fun out there with a few friends - had a good laugh at the expense of another guy falling down- He didn't spill his beer so there is no foul in laughing - I hate to see alcohol abuse ( spilled beer) ;D
Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

Offline bluegillpeffley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:35 AM »
good to hear nobody else caught anything we had two decent flags but lost the fish hardh2owalker tried cutting his hand off with my auger first thing in the morning.  we watched bigfish2010 catch that bass and say booyah and straight to the legion.  he was all over the place.  all in all good time and didnt see any fights just the guys emptying the legions crapter  real nice first prize!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.