Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

plugs

<< < (3/3)

brokenline:
ill check it out sometime this week and let ya know. yea it would suck to get it stuck in a big ol drift...

CMMahy:
Sounds to me like your electrical system is simply overloaded. I had an old '91 Mach 1 that had no battery (not equipped with electric start) and when i had a heated visor plugged in, high beams on, hot grips and thumb warmer on, when i hit the brake, my headlight went out. With no battery in the sled, there's no reserve power for that quick demand when the brake light is on. The only way to fix this (as long as your stator is putting out full power) is to turn off some accesories, unless you can find a high-output stator for your sled. My old sled used to eat plugs, if i didn't have 6 spares in my pocket, i wouldn't make it home from an evening ride. Check the spark plug gap before you put them in, almost all NGK plugs were gapped too wide, tightening the gap to the small side of the manufacturers tolerance (0.018" in my case) really helped me. Last thing, if you happen to be running the standard NGK B9ES or BR9ES plug, try the BR9EYA, its the same plug, but with a small groove cut in the electrode that really helps preventing fouling. They're less than $1 more per plug usually, and in my case it tripled the mileage i got from each plug. Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version