Author Topic: drying out seat foam???  (Read 2289 times)

Offline skidooguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAAAAAGGGG!!!!!!
drying out seat foam???
« on: Dec 13, 2008, 09:48 PM »
okay so my sled for this year did not come with a seat. so i searched everywhere and finally found the right foam, but it is waterlogged bad. i do not want to put my new seat cover on this because i do not want it to freeze and ruin it. i had it inside the house for about a week now and it has dried some, but the middle still seems to be very wet.

what do you guys think?
Also known as Rebel16 on MYFISHFINDER.COM

Registered Maine Guide

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
Re: drying out seat foam???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Squeeze the snot out of it so the water moves to different parts of the foam and keep it inside till it dries.

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Get one of those ShamWOWs :D

Offline Iceline

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2008, 07:59 PM »
I agree with seadog, hand the cushion from a corner and let gravity do its job. Like hanging a paint brush after washing it the water will slowly drip out. Hang it in a warm place if possible.

Once dry I found that spraying the cushion with camp dry helped repel further wetness and helped kept the foam from dry rotting.

Even eminent chartered accountants are known, in their capacity as fishermen, blissfully to ignore differences between seven and ten inches, half a pound and two pounds, three fish and a dozen fish.

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Most guys i know that have sunk their sleds dry the seat by standing it on end over a hot air register in their house (once it's stopped dripping) I've heard it can take up to 2 weeks for one to fully dry out. If you don't dry it completely, once it's outside in the cold it freezes and it's like sitting on a chunk of wood.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2008, 10:21 AM »
A coworker was just telling me about his friend. He had his sled out at a waterskip in the summer. He sunk the sled but got it running again. He then parked it until winter. Winter came, he started it up and hit the trail. He never dried out the seat. The weight of the frozen seat destroyed his suspension.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.