Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

What do you use for oil in your ATV

<< < (2/6) > >>

ice dawg:

--- Quote from: Sluggo on Nov 14, 2008, 05:46 AM ---I am usually an Amsoil booster but............ I had to stop running it in my 01 Cat.  The 0W-40 says that it's ok for wet clutch applications but after a few oil changes with it I was starting to notice gear slippage and blow by coming out the exhaust.  I have now gone back to the factory Cat oil. It seems to have a little more "traction" in it. (lol, not usually a desireable oil property)

Amsoil = too good for my machine.

--- End quote ---

Are you using Arctic Cat 0W40 synthetic now instead of Amsoil?

Sluggo:
Yes,  the Cat stuff is 0W40.

ALASKANSS:
I use spectro oil,they claim to have the highest service rating in the industry,set by the API.amsoil,has 3 different synthetic oils,but the dealer cant tell me why 1 is better or worst than the other?also i was told that amsoil is a amway product,not a fan of pyramid sales.

Skipper:
Amsoil is based in Superior Wisconsin, and to the best of my knowledge is not connected to Amway in any way.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/aff.aspx

Amsoil only has one brand of 0W40 for ATVs

Farley:
I allways run Valvoline 10-40 atv in my 03 Foreman (4000mi.) never any clutch slippage or blow by.  The dealer warned me not to run fully synthetic.  You may be able to run synthetic in a Sportsman because they're no wet clutches.  A Rubicon has multiple wet clutches and would use extreme caution with synthetic oils.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version