Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

What do you use for oil in your ATV

<< < (3/6) > >>

icefishindaddy:
Been using Amsoil for 2 years now and never had a slip problem or any other problem,  love it :)

pike4some:
Thanks Farley. Thats the answer I was looking for. Its the last thing I would want to do is screw something up on The Atv by using something that would reck it.

fin-n-feather:
Run Amsoil full synthetic in my Bombardier Outlander.  Runs and starts great even in the coldest extremes to the hottest days!!! 

ALASKANSS:

--- Quote from: Skipper on Nov 17, 2008, 07:41 PM ---Amsoil is based in Superior Wisconsin, and to the best of my knowledge is not connected to Amway in any way.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/aff.aspx

Amsoil only has one brand of 0W40 for ATVs

--- End quote ---

I was refering to their two stroke oil for atvs

ice dawg:

--- Quote from: Farley on Nov 17, 2008, 08:33 PM ---I allways run Valvoline 10-40 atv in my 03 Foreman (4000mi.) never any clutch slippage or blow by.  The dealer warned me not to run fully synthetic.  You may be able to run synthetic in a Sportsman because they're no wet clutches.  A Rubicon has multiple wet clutches and would use extreme caution with synthetic oils.

--- End quote ---

I run Arctic Cat 0W40 synthetic in my kitty because it has wet clutches and the oil is designed for this application. Maybe your dealer is thinking specifically about hondas. I run this oil because Arctic Cat recommends it after break in.  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version