Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

Getting cold here in se Mt wont be long

<< < (2/3) > >>

ratkilr:
 Did you try Sandstone this weekend? Was warm here, hope it did not get warm there and melt the ice. I planned on going to sandstone on Thursday unless I hear there aint four inches of ice.
--- Quote from: bigfishswen on Nov 25, 2003, 11:40 PM ---I to am here in miles city, i am curious if anyone has been up at sandstone yet this year. i figure a guy might be able to get on this weekend. just curious.

thanks john

--- End quote ---

bigfishswen:
Curious to see if anyone has heard anything about sandstone yet. I figure to head up this weekend maybe. Lookin forward to the info

John :'(

ratkilr:
 I made a little road trip this week. Hollecker has 3 to 5 inches. Kinda scary to walk on. Lake at Sidney had 4 to 6. Medicine Lake has 8+". Someone already has a spear house out already. Taking mine up there soon. Gotta get some pike. Freezers low.
 Did not make it to sandstone yet. I am heading up there Saturday or Monday. Haven't heard how ice is at Sandstone but going up anyway.

ratkilr:
 Buzzed down to Sandstone today to take a look. Lots of people out today. Some shacks are out. Everybody fishing above the boat launch. Boat launch bay and the section along the road is thin. 4 inches or less. But the upper area has up to 8 inches. going up Sunday to fish. Should have brought some gear to fish today but was unsure if it was fishable.

bigfishswen:
I am was wonderin if anyone has any word on the ice at Ft. Peck. Just curious about the thickness and if anyone has had any luck. Thanks for the help.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version