Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing With Electronics

Livescope hole size

(1/5) > >>

bigbucky1:
I have just assembled my setup at the end of season last year.  Literally last weekend I ice fished.  I have a 6" lazer on a clam plate. This seemed tight in the hole. What is everyone's opinion on hole size.  I am willing to buy a newer auger and keep the 6" for when I am hiking in.  Just curious to need for a 7 or  8" auger.

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: bigbucky1 on Dec 11, 2022, 08:01 PM ---I have just assembled my setup at the end of season last year.  Literally last weekend I ice fished.  I have a 6" lazer on a clam plate. This seemed tight in the hole. What is everyone's opinion on hole size.  I am willing to buy a newer auger and keep the 6" for when I am hiking in.  Just curious to need for a 7 or  8" auger.

--- End quote ---

My buddy just bought and assembled one a few weeks ago and he told me that for his he needs a 7" hole. His is the LVS34-IF.

Skywagon:
I find there is adequate room for the Livescope transducer on a Summit pole using a 7 1/2" auger.

missoulafish:
It depends on what transducer you have.

hardwater diehard:
bigbucky1

--- Quote from: bigbucky1 on Dec 11, 2022, 08:01 PM ---I have just assembled my setup at the end of season last year.  Literally last weekend I ice fished.  I have a 6" lazer on a clam plate. This seemed tight in the hole. What is everyone's opinion on hole size.  I am willing to buy a newer auger and keep the 6" for when I am hiking in.  Just curious to need for a 7 or  8" auger.

--- End quote ---

Just drill figure 8 hole(s)

https://fb.watch/hmS-E2XZrc/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version