Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Hardwater Cuisine

Sous Vide Chicken

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rebelss:
That's what my buddy does...and it comes out just like a prime rib. I'd love a beef roast right now, but they're $7 a lb...on sale. Too much for the wallet.

uncleshorty:
It was explained to me that time / temp data is available on the source of all knowlege, the internet.  Of course I can't remember the website we used but it should be an easy search.

Food scientists have determined that time as well as temp can make slow cooked meat safe.  There are curves published that show how long foods must be held at temps either above or below 140F, to kill the  bad bugs.

According to the site we used, our chicken had to be above 145 F for 10 min to kill the nasties.  It had to cook @ 145 F for 2 hrs to be done.

You can hold meat at temp for a long time.  It won't get over done but the texture of the meat will change.  Chicken breast will get stringy, for example.

According to my personal chef, (nuck, nuck, nuck), it is prudent to use website data and never guess.

I'm buildin' a sous vide controller from RTDS, a PID controller and a solid state relay.  I'm lookin for a used deep fryer for my "Hot Liquor Tank" because they heat faster than crock pots. 

uncleshorty:
Reb, don't throw those squirrel heads away.  Skin 'em, fry 'em in bacon grease, use a spoon to crack 'em open and eat the brains.

A true East Texas delicacy...

Rebelss:

--- Quote from: uncleshorty on Nov 13, 2022, 11:32 PM ---Reb, don't throw those squirrel heads away.  Skin 'em, fry 'em in bacon grease, use a spoon to crack 'em open and eat the brains.

A true East Texas delicacy...

--- End quote ---

:-X

By the way...what is "RTDS"??  Rotund, tempting, delectable skwirrels?   ;D

uncleshorty:
Reb,  You might wonder if I've ever eaten them.

Wadda ya think I'm crazy??? 

Actually the practice sorta fell out of favor when the state passed that law that every child is required to spend three years in school.  Those years could all be in the same grade but it had to be three years...  That's considered "higher education" in Polk County...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version