Author Topic: Hot Dog Chili Sauce  (Read 2460 times)

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
Hot Dog Chili Sauce
« on: Oct 29, 2022, 02:52 PM »
This is a favorite here @ La Casa del Whacko in beautiful downtown Spring, TX, just across the sewage canal from the creosote plant...

1 lb lean ground beef (l use ground sirloin. Fatty burger makes the sauce too greasy.),
1, Tbl low sodium taco seasoning, 1/3 c tomatoes w/ green chilis, drained, 1 c beef broth, 1Tbl chili powder,
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 c tomato sauce  1/2 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce,
1/2 c caramelized diced onions, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp Magi Seasoning, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp liquid smoke, 1/2 c diced green pepper, 1 tsp ground cumin,1 Tbl dark brown sugar, 1Tbl bacon grease

Bring a medium sauce pan to temp over med-hi heat.  Sauté onions and green pepper in the bacon grease until onions color.  Add the garlic and sauté for a min.  Add the beef & broth and stir until beef breaks up and mixture smooths out.  Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.  Bring to a simmer and cook under a vented cover for 45 min.  Remove the lid and continue cooking until sauce reduces to the consistency you
prefer.

Use good hot dogs like Ball Park all beef or Hebrew National and whole wheat buns.  Serve over grilled hot dogs & toasted buns w/ your favorite sauces & accouterments, chips and fresh squeezed lemonade...

Cuzzin Cletus says, "So good it'll make ya lay down & scream."
Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Hot Dog Chili Sauce
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2022, 03:37 PM »
Sounds danged tongue-o-gasmic! May have to give that a whirl, except for the whole wheat buns.. :-\
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2022, 10:12 PM »
Here in Detroit we've got chili dog joints on every corner, but a guy on an ice fishing forum from Texas? , not something so common.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2022, 05:58 AM »
Sounds good shorty..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2022, 01:49 PM »
Ronnie,

I grew up in PA.  Started ice fishing 55+ years ago.  Moved to TX to chase a $, but maintained my "roots".

Retired ten years ago and went back to all the hobbies I enjoyed as a young man. 

We don't ice fish too much in TX.  When we do get a little ice I've found that it takes too long to chop a hole in the ice big enough to get the boat in...
Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.