Author Topic: ATV Hitch Cargo Carrier  (Read 2275 times)

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
ATV Hitch Cargo Carrier
« on: Sep 07, 2022, 02:58 PM »
I'm looking for recommendations on a cargo carrier for my 2022 Sportsman 570.  Love if it would be elevated to keep slush/snow from hitting the gear/flipshack on the platform.  Looking at this one:  https://www.harborfreight.com/300-lb-capacity-atv-cargo-carrier-69858.html

Thoughts?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: ATV Hitch Cargo Carrier
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2022, 06:32 AM »
CoachWalleye74
 Yeah it is pricey ...but I do like that it gets the rack high off the ground...away from slush/ice/dirt ...what about modifing a PU/SUV bed extenter and just add a cargo rack atop that . not sure how much cargo your planning on bringing but have you considered the ATV rack extender ? Some have drop down baskets ...high sides  etc .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2022, 08:58 AM »
I have a rear cargo box on now so rack extender's get a bit tougher.  Versa seems to have things pretty well figured out with the rise, extension, and ability to keep your hitch on with the pass through.  The $129 for the arm isn't terrible, it's the $199 for the rack as compared to the other for $60 that has me apprehensive...

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2022, 02:12 PM »
If you get your hands on a bike rack/receiver ...that gets you some distance out  and height...then fabricate/bolt on a rack of your choosing .May be able to find a used one at a yard sale ...and various other sites .

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2022, 03:39 PM »
CoachWalleye74 posted more pics on the other forum site that you asked this same question on. my wheeler is a 2019 570 EPS by the way.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2022, 08:54 AM »
Monticatgeek:  Very impressive!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.